Choosing NYU intervoew dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist32721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just got an interview invitation from NYU (one of my top choices) and this is what they are saying:

1. We will not be scheduling more than 3 weeks ahead of the date of the email.

However, I am currently staying in France (visiting my parents) and my flight is scheduled for 10/13...

Do you think is it a bad idea to postpone the interview..?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I just got an interview invitation from NYU (one of my top choices) and this is what they are saying:

1. We will not be scheduling more than 3 weeks ahead of the date of the email.

However, I am currently staying in France (visiting my parents) and my flight is scheduled for 10/13...

Do you think is it a bad idea to postpone the interview..?

If you can afford 2 day trip with round trip tickets... Then do it....

You knew, this could of potentially happened.... Now time to deal with it....

You could call them and tell them,maybe no problem.
Or
Just take the round trip
Or
Cut your parent visit short
Or
Not go

UNC did not let me reschedule, I asked them the very hour they sent me the email. They did send me an invitation by email about 2-3 months later.

Doesn't hurt to ask, but if they say no, and you want to attend the school, pony up and make the round trip. You knew you were applying to dental school when you went overseas.

It also says "If you need to schedule an interview any later than that please send us a request via e-mail." in the email! I'm sure they'll understand your situation.