Choosing Optometry Schools

Started by hcheng
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hcheng

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, I'm basically in the middle of my application process for this fall and I know for sure I want to apply to the two school in California(I'm a CA resident and I'm happy here). I would like to know some reasons why 😛 people chose the opt. school they attended or is currently attending.
 
i'll answer your questions in the form of a list, and if anyone wants to add to it, then 👍

why people choose different optometry schools

1. they like the program and curriculum
2. they have family/ are residents of the state (hense, cost and location a plus)
3. they have a friend or know someone that went there
4. they enjoy the weather/culture/city of that town
5. they didnt have another choice