Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,🙂
I'm several months from graduating high school, and I've been pondering as to whether or not I should enroll in my state university, or a community college. Financially, my parents aren't doing too great, so therefore I'm considering community college as an alternative. Although the issue is that I'd rather not stay at home, since I've been looking forward to leaving the house for awhile now. An apartment might be feasible, but it's expensive from what I've researched, and unless I'm able to find some roommates, being able to pay if off would be inevitably difficult.
Anyways I wanted to ask if paying off student loans is difficult once out of college, and since becoming a doctor is a long and strenuous process, when and how is one able to pay for undergrad, and medical school fees.
Secondly, I've been contemplating as to which major I should choose. I plan on specializing in psychiatry, as I've found several incentives for this, and I'm personally interested in mental illnesses as such. The major I've chosen is Psychology, but a friend of mine disproved of this because he believed that a bachelors in psychology is useless, and that I should rather major in something that I could later obtain a career in if psychiatry doesn't work out. That's the thing, if I failed to achieve my goal in becoming a psychiatrist, I'd essentially be screwed with only a bachelors in psychology. What he reccomended was that I obtain an RN, make some money, obtain a bachelors in nursing, then apply to medical school.
I need other opinions in the matter, as I'm not too entirely sure as to what I should do. I enjoy psychology, and it correlates to psychiatry to some extent, but if I fail to get accepted into medical school, then I'm left with no "fall back
option". While if I major in nursing, I could possibly become a Psychiatric Nurse practitioner if psychiatry doesn't work out.
Help please!😕
I'm several months from graduating high school, and I've been pondering as to whether or not I should enroll in my state university, or a community college. Financially, my parents aren't doing too great, so therefore I'm considering community college as an alternative. Although the issue is that I'd rather not stay at home, since I've been looking forward to leaving the house for awhile now. An apartment might be feasible, but it's expensive from what I've researched, and unless I'm able to find some roommates, being able to pay if off would be inevitably difficult.
Anyways I wanted to ask if paying off student loans is difficult once out of college, and since becoming a doctor is a long and strenuous process, when and how is one able to pay for undergrad, and medical school fees.
Secondly, I've been contemplating as to which major I should choose. I plan on specializing in psychiatry, as I've found several incentives for this, and I'm personally interested in mental illnesses as such. The major I've chosen is Psychology, but a friend of mine disproved of this because he believed that a bachelors in psychology is useless, and that I should rather major in something that I could later obtain a career in if psychiatry doesn't work out. That's the thing, if I failed to achieve my goal in becoming a psychiatrist, I'd essentially be screwed with only a bachelors in psychology. What he reccomended was that I obtain an RN, make some money, obtain a bachelors in nursing, then apply to medical school.
I need other opinions in the matter, as I'm not too entirely sure as to what I should do. I enjoy psychology, and it correlates to psychiatry to some extent, but if I fail to get accepted into medical school, then I'm left with no "fall back
option". While if I major in nursing, I could possibly become a Psychiatric Nurse practitioner if psychiatry doesn't work out.
Help please!😕