Chris Cornell Dead at 52

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screen%20Shot%202017-05-18%20at%207.20.25%20AM_zpsvkw6cup1.jpg

Those of us that lived through the grunge era will be very saddened by this.
Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Alice in Chains single handedly killed the big hair bands of the late 80's early 90's and revolutionized metal as we know it. Nothing remotely close has come out before or after that time.

Now Eddie Vedder is the only one left. What a shame.

R.I.P Chris Cornell we are playing nothing but Soundgarden and Audioslave today in my OR.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
High risk profession

All incredible musicians

Hopefully you saw him after the Soundgarden reunion. Def. a big bummer.

I got to see them a couple of years back for their reunion tour. Easily my favorite band to come out of the Seattle grunge era. Very sad!

Reactions: 1 user
I got to see them a couple of years back for their reunion tour. Easily my favorite band to come out of the Seattle grunge era. Very sad!

Awesome. Redifined music for sure. :thumbup:

Yikes he hung himself... drug abuse is horrible

Super Sad.
Rusty Cage and Black Hole Sun are two of my favorite songs. "Seasons" from the Singles soundtrack is a great acoustic song and really shows Chris's musicianship. Will definitely be missed by us that enjoyed grunge.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Super Sad.
Rusty Cage and Black Hole Sun are two of my favorite songs. "Seasons" from the Singles soundtrack is a great acoustic song and really shows Chris's musicianship. Will definitely be missed by us that enjoyed grunge.

Singles was a staple of that time.
Cornell, Layne and Vedder. Boom.

Reactions: 1 user
Let's not forget his Audioslave days. This song came on during my drive home today. He was a great vocalist.

Love this... dark, but awesome acoustic version. Powerful.

Reactions: 2 users
Tox report is out and as usual being poorly reported/misinterpreted. Narcan? I imagine this was given by EMS or his crew. Otherwise he was taking Fioricet and Ativan which is being reported as "7 drugs".

So sad that so many artists have demons.

Tox report is out and as usual being poorly reported/misinterpreted. Narcan? I imagine this was given by EMS or his crew. Otherwise he was taking Fioricet and Ativan which is being reported as "7 drugs".

So sad that so many artists have demons.

I think there were a bunch of barbituates in the tox report as well. Definately sad.

Cool to see Brad Pitt, Chester, Morello, etc. at the funeral. Respect.

I have refrained from comments for a while. This guy changed music for me. I was so sad when his manager girlfriend told him to go out on his own and screwed his career up, in my opinion. I don't even know if that is how it happened and I'm sure there is a whole lot more to this so I don't want to put any blame on his GF. But Chris had the best scream I've ever hear. Maybe Robert Plant can match him in that catagory but that's it in my book.
I look at Pearl Jam (before Vedder as Mother love bone) and think that they must have seen the drug use as a problem when Andrew Wood OD'd. No ****!!!! Then Vedder comes in and I'm sure it's a common thread for them. They, to this day, seem to have remained above the fray.
Soundgarden blew my **** away.
RIP Chris. This world will miss you dearly.