1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Christian pre-dents?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by lphiewok, Nov 29, 2008.

1. lphiewok

lphiewok ACFAS Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    hey guys,

since dec. 1st is coming up soon, i decided to pick up the new Our Daily Bread.

guess what the story for Dec 1st was when I picked it up?
    Waiting for Joy!

hahaha I was just shocked and surprised when I saw the title, i decided to share with other fellow Christian pre-dents out there!

good luck everyone and God bless
    hopefully God will allow us a very joyful day on Dec 1 =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jabbawockeez

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Take it as a sign of good fortune. Good luck! :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dennisDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i sure hope that is a omen for something good ! :thumbup:

4. needa20

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thank you for that!

I would normally be so nervous waiting to hear, that I could not sleep, work...., but God has provided miracle after miracle and continues to open doors that he has calmed me down. I trust in Him so much that I will just wait to hear :)

Good luck to everyone and God bless

5. Chesnok

Chesnok Waiting game has ended
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    God bless you all guys.

Waiting for Dec.1st, but not nervous at all since God is in conrol of everything and He will take care of us, just trust Him.

God bless America and all people in the world. :)

6. needa20

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I dont want this to sound like a downer, but like chesnok said, He has a plan. this may sound bad, but remember that God's plan may not be the same as our plan.
    If this does not work out for some of us, it does not mean that God let us down.

I tried somthing similiar to this (dont want to get into whole story now) several years ago, after trying SO hard, it did not work out. I had prayed, studied as much as I could done everything that I could, but it did not work out. I was so mad and could not figure out why... Now, I can look back and realize that it had not been the right time or path for me. So even though I felt let down, it was really a blessing in disguise and now I can see that. Now, God has provided so many miracles and opened so many doors that I know this is the right path for me.

anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there that God does have a plan for us, but it may not always match up to ours.

Hopefully we all get in this cycle and I am not trying to bring anyone down, just sharing my experiance.

Good luck and God bless

7. dds chgo

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    maybe you should be thinking more about science and less about god if you want a medical career

8. i like dat

i like dat member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :)

#8 i like dat, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  9. dds chgo

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Patients come to you for your knowledge and treatment using science. If they wanted their treatment to be from god, they would go to church instead of dental office.

#9 dds chgo, Nov 30, 2008
  10. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hooray for loma linda

11. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    God bless you guys!

I get really nervous just thinking about tomorrow, but then I remember God has a plan for all of us. If we just put our trust in Him and let Him provide, there should be no reason why we should be nervous!

Just remember this:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

12. Master Pain

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    God is the Ultimate Scientist...who else could've created Org chem?!

13. bassplayer400

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So here is what I believe..

Patients will come to me for the knowledge and skills that He has blessed me with. Dentistry is all about serving others and in this service you are furthering His kingdom. Looking back on all that I have learned, I stand in awe in His amazing creation and I am excited to see where He guides me next. I have no doubt in my mind that I have been blessed every step of the way in this application process. God has answered my prayers and has guided me. Through this, I know that no matter what happens this next week His will will be done.

I am praying for all of you tonight! :)

14. needa20

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    wow,

we really do not need you posting in this thread trying to bring down people for their faith...

#14 needa20, Nov 30, 2008
  15. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well, if you asked me that question the night before my OChem final, I would have said, "Hitler"!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

16. Master Pain

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    no doubt brother.