Aug 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I know that experiences are to be in chronological order with the most recent listed first, but is it according to your start date or end date?

Hopeful_DVM

5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Is this for VMCAS? Glad this was brought up because I am gonna have to edit mine.

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Is this for VMCAS? Glad this was brought up because I am gonna have to edit mine.
They will fix it if your experiences aren't in the correct order, so I wouldn't worry about it

Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
How do you know? Shoot I totally submitted without checking that, does that count as errors during the verification process?

pinkpuppy9

Illinois c/o 2019
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2013
Status
Veterinarian
It's automatic. You should have access to the PDF version of your app once it's submitted/verified. You can see it there. It does not count as an error.

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
How do you know? Shoot I totally submitted without checking that, does that count as errors during the verification process?
It was also mentioned here in the c/o 2020 thread, but...
http://vmcas.helpgizmo.com/help/article/link/experiences-helpful-hints
If you look at the comments, Tony Wynne (VMCAS director) answered a similar question
The VMCAS application will automatically reorder your entries into most recent order when the application is processed to your schools.
In addition he said the experiences are ordered by end date. But it doesn't matter much, since it's automatic.

Jul 23, 2014
Vmcas responded on the faq page and said that the chronology is in tandem with the end date, not the start date. However, they also said the experiences will be automatically put into order upon submission.