CHSU 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dthepharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is anyone here applying to CHSU? Located in Clovis, CA.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Canceled it after being accepted to two other schools. Good luck though!

Hello dthepharm!

Do you mind informing me of your decision of cancelling the acceptance? The school isn't my first choice but it's my first interview so I am a little worried. Thank you!

Hello dthepharm!

Do you mind informing me of your decision of cancelling the acceptance? The school isn't my first choice but it's my first interview so I am a little worried. Thank you!

I got accepted into UOP and Cal Northstate. If you got the interview theres a very good chance of being accepted. Just make sure you show your people skills and try to be outgoing. Make eye contact and look around for interview questions, most are usually basic. There is a essay portion so make sure you touch up on your writing skills just the basic grammar and stuff.

I already interviewed at CHSU and loved it. I have been accepted at 4 other schools (USC, UOP, Midwestern, Touro) but the academic scholarship they offered at CHSU was amazing. The location was key as well because I plan on working in Fresno area. Easier to get a job at the rotation site you do your fourth year at. Only draw back is they are in their final year of accreditation. Last thing to do is wait for their inaugural class to graduate. Also the class size is around 55 so better ratio of student to faculty makes it easier to get research positions. For me, this school was the best fit.

I already interviewed at CHSU and loved it. I have been accepted at 4 other schools (USC, UOP, Midwestern, Touro) but the academic scholarship they offered at CHSU was amazing. The location was key as well because I plan on working in Fresno area. Easier to get a job at the rotation site you do your fourth year at. Only draw back is they are in their final year of accreditation. Last thing to do is wait for their inaugural class to graduate. Also the class size is around 55 so better ratio of student to faculty makes it easier to get research positions. For me, this school was the best fit.

What was the scholarship if I may ask? Especially since pharmacy school is so expensive scholarships do play a big role

Here is the scholarship and it is renewable every year. As long as you keep a 3.0 GPA the scholarship will be renewed. I was awarded the max.

The California Health Sciences University Scholarship Fund is a private fund that was established by the university and funded through the generosity of our supporters to assist students with between $2,500-$10,000 of their educational expenses. This scholarship program is administered by the Central Valley Community Foundation (Formerly the Fresno Regional Foundation) and they have appointed a selection committee that will consider applicants for these limited funds.

The minimum GPA for consideration of a scholarship is 2.7 based on a 4.0 system of grade point calculation. All applicants must complete the CHSU Scholarship Application, which includes a well-written personal statement with such information as background, participation in community organizations, extracurricular activities, financial need (including undergraduate debt/financing), interests, activities and career goals.

If you want more information...............
http://chsu.org/prospective-students/2016-2017-tuition-financial-aid/

Congrats on your acceptance. Do you mind sharing your stats? I really appropriate it.

Here is the scholarship and it is renewable every year. As long as you keep a 3.0 GPA the scholarship will be renewed. I was awarded the max.

The California Health Sciences University Scholarship Fund is a private fund that was established by the university and funded through the generosity of our supporters to assist students with between $2,500-$10,000 of their educational expenses. This scholarship program is administered by the Central Valley Community Foundation (Formerly the Fresno Regional Foundation) and they have appointed a selection committee that will consider applicants for these limited funds.

The minimum GPA for consideration of a scholarship is 2.7 based on a 4.0 system of grade point calculation. All applicants must complete the CHSU Scholarship Application, which includes a well-written personal statement with such information as background, participation in community organizations, extracurricular activities, financial need (including undergraduate debt/financing), interests, activities and career goals.

How do I apply to the CHSU scholarship? I couldn't find a link to the application. Thank you!

I'm debating on applying here... The whole accreditation situation and not being able to apply for federal aid is kind of holding me back though...

I'm debating on applying here... The whole accreditation situation and not being able to apply for federal aid is kind of holding me back though...

I was worried about applying here too. But after going there for the interview, the school seems like they have everything under control. Also, I felt super welcoming and like I belong there. I just got my acceptance email today. I am definitely considering the school

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you already pay your deposit? Or did you decide to withdraw your acceptance? I just recently got accepted, still debating

Did you already pay your deposit? Or did you decide to withdraw your acceptance? I just recently got accepted, still debating

I paid the deposit. I am definitely going there next year.

I paid the deposit. I am definitely going there next year.

Congrats on your decision! I paid my deposit yesterday, but I am going to still explore my options just to have alternatives. Hope to see you there though! :)

Wise choice it is always good to explore alternatives. The other pharmacy programs did not offer me as much money as CHSU. I mean USC is tempting but seriously, they only offered me $8,000. They tried to sell me on their reputation..........REPUTATION does not PAY BILL$

I got accepted into UOP and Cal Northstate. If you got the interview theres a very good chance of being accepted. Just make sure you show your people skills and try to be outgoing. Make eye contact and look around for interview questions, most are usually basic. There is a essay portion so make sure you touch up on your writing skills just the basic grammar and stuff.
What was the questions?

What was the questions?
Interview experience was great. I arrived at the specific time that was listed. For some reason they do not let you in 30 minutes before. There were a total of 28 students when I interviewed. It was the first interview for the new class. DRESS PROFESSIONALLY!!! yeah I know sounds obvious but make sure if you are wearing a suit bring the coat. There were remarks for people only wearing a dress shirt and NO TIE. AGAIN COMPLETE SUIT is the way to go. They give an overview to the school and how their teaching is different than most schools and what their goal as a school is. Then the group is broken up into 3 different groups. First group goes to do formal interview with 2 faculty members, second group does the writing assignment, and last group gets a tour of the school. Each time they will rotate until all three are done. The essay questions was pick one of three possible topics. The first was ethics and your position on cheating, whether or not a student should get a second chance. The second was how has social media impacted today's youth for the good or for the better. Has it drawn youth to isolation? The third question I do not remember. I answered the second one. Everyone breaks for lunch and when you return they go over financial aide. All in all, it takes most of the day but they email and mail you in two weeks. The faculty was nice and before I left they invited me to participate in the Health Fair taking place the next day at the school. When the faculty that interviewed me was exchanging contact information with me, I knew I was getting admitted. Awesome feeling.

Wondering if I should withdraw from the app cycle form here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wondering if I should withdraw from the app cycle form here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

By this time if you haven't got accepted to a program you probably are taking a year off. If all you have is an acceptance to CHSU I would go. It beats waiting around another year.

I was worried about applying here too. But after going there for the interview, the school seems like they have everything under control. Also, I felt super welcoming and like I belong there. I just got my acceptance email today. I am definitely considering the school

Hello,

Did you end up attending here, if so how do you life it?
I heard a few negative comments on the school..
-they are money hungry
-don't care much of students
-teachers are lost

Please help

By this time if you haven't got accepted to a program you probably are taking a year off. If all you have is an acceptance to CHSU I would go. It beats waiting around another year.

Hello,

How do you life the school? Any additional feed back would very much be appreciated. I am applying but recently heard some negative comments.

Thank you!