Cigars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a friend bought me two Macanudo cigars the other day. The first was to celebrate my first med school acceptance, and the second was for the completion of my thesis.

Soooo, since I'm not much of a cigar smoker, and since the thesis is this close to completion, I'm wondering how to maximize the cigar smoking experience. Any advice?

Oh, and I was planning on buying a bottle of good Scotch.

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

how bout a brandy?

Being the light weight I am, the cigar + booze combo left me spinning for hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if the girl is willing....

*sick Bill Clinton fantasies*

I need a boyfriend. There. I admit it. :D

As for scotch, can't help ya there. I am more of a rum gal myself.

NubianPrincess said:
Well, if the girl is willing....

*sick Bill Clinton fantasies*

I need a boyfriend. There. I admit it. :D

As for scotch, can't help ya there. I am more of a rum gal myself.

At times like this I wonder:

Is there a woman in this country that wouldn't sleep with Bill Clinton?

Nice avater, Fermy. :thumbup:

n00bz....Lord, honey. Just.......Lord. :smuggrin:

EvoDevo said:
So a friend bought me two Macanudo cigars the other day. The first was to celebrate my first med school acceptance, and the second was for the completion of my thesis.

Soooo, since I'm not much of a cigar smoker, and since the thesis is this close to completion, I'm wondering how to maximize the cigar smoking experience. Any advice?

Oh, and I was planning on buying a bottle of good Scotch.

Opinions?

Assuming you know HOW to smoke a cigar (cut the end, light, etc), and are keeping them in a humidor.....

I'd have a nice meal, and a cigar as desert. For a scotch, a medium aged single-malt, say a 15 year McCallan, neat, with just a bit of water.

Of course, share with someone. Oh, and a hot tub works well, too.

My ultimate cigar experience:

A nice Italian dinner, usually hand made (including the noodles) with a nice glass of red wine. Then, I'll take any Cohiba, or an Ashton VSG, with a Macallan 18 (one ice cube, and wait til melted). I smoke slowly, and outside of course. I savor that baby for about an hour and a half, enjoying every drag as if it were on a Cuban beach.

kutastha said:
My ultimate cigar experience:

A nice Italian dinner, usually hand made (including the noodles) with a nice glass of red wine. Then, I'll take any Cohiba, or an Ashton VSG, with a Macallan 18 (one ice cube, and wait til melted). I smoke slowly, and outside of course. I savor that baby for about an hour and a half, enjoying every drag as if it were on a Cuban beach.

Hi there,
I always cut my Cohibas in half. They smoke much better that way and they go much further. I enjoy my half Cohiba with a very dry Boodle's martini shaken, not stirred, straight up with an olive. This is done after the smoking lantern is lit.

njbmd :)