Cinci post-interview: really 4-6wks??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applehead96

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have interviewed at U Cincinnati, did they really give you a reply within 4-6 weeks after your interview date?

Today's my 6 week mark and have heard nothing. I remember seeing info from past threads that ppl did hear within a month or so.

I have a feeling this is going to be another WL. oh well, I did interview pretty late (Mar 18). Some were saying that interviewees by March were all interviewing for the waitlist.

any help appreciated!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in December, and 6 weeks was about right.

However, I heard from another school that AMCAS has some rule that schools have to have their classes filled by like March 15, so you could very well have been interviewing for a WL spot.

Thanks Monkeyrunner,

Just curious--were you accepted to the school? If so, do you plan on going?

And, as a fellow out-of-stater and Californian, how did you like the school/city?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in December 10th and was accepted at the end of January. So 6-8 weeks sounds about right.

Keep checking their online status page. Mine was updated about a week before I got the paper, so it could be more current for you.

I personally thought that the school was great, and will be attending this fall.

Good Luck!

Congrats Tspoon! :clap:
Yeah, I really liked the school and the city. I would love to go there and am happy to hear that so many out-of-state applicants are getting interviews/accepted.

so, I guess I'll look forward to the 8 wk mark...

applehead -

Yes to both of your questions. I was accepted, and like TSpoon, I found out on the online status check about a week before I got the real paper letter. And yes, I will be there come August.

TSpoon, I guess I'll see you there.

that's great, I hope I can join you guys!
<<crossing fingers>>

Let's just hope they're hurting for out-of-state $$...or, that I'm qualified for the school, either way, I'll be happy!

For me, it was about 7 weeks, so you should be updated in the near future. Concerning the question on the class being full, the answer is yes. UC filled their class in January. So you were interviewing for a waitlist spot. But the good thing to know about that is, there has and probably will be significant movement on the waitlist.

wsureds,
didnt you say you expected significantly lesser movement this year? :wink: Just playing :D

Hey Resident Alien, you're going to Ohio State, right?

Yes, I did, but who knows what the heck is gonna happen this year. Absolutely anything is possible!

And for those of you that sent in your financial aid package to UC, I would call and double-check with Debbie on whether they have received all of your forms. Just a good idea and I found that they misplaced one of mine, but eventually found it last week.

i'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Wow, it seems like half of the class of 2006 is on SDN. :) Good luck to those of you still waiting! UC's a great place to be... you won't be disappointed. :D

I'm psyched to meet everyone also.

I will be traveling for the next month or so, but will be looking for a place in mid June. Hopefully I can catch a Red's game (since my Utah Jazz just lost to Crapramento a few minutes ago). I think that the Red's are doing well this year.

I spent a grand total of 8 hours in Cinci, so I have no clue about the city, or surroundings, should be quite an adventure :wink:

Are any of you doing the prematriculation program??? I signed up, to get there on time I have to leave directly from Wyoming to get there on the first day.

I WAS PUT ON HOLD TODAY!!

WSU, Monkeyrunner, you guys were right! Well, if anyone else has been put on hold, please share! Does anyone know if this pretty much means WL?

Well, they have two separate waitlists, one for instaters, one for out. They "invite" applicants to the alternate list, so i dont think everyone on hold is waitlisted.

thanks ResidentAlien :)

So, I should be on the look out for an invitation?