Citation??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angelo84

Tufts Class of 2011
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I know this is really random but I am writing a paper on Hendra Virus does anyone know how to properly cite the online version of the Merck Veterinary Manual? It doesn't have authors... I have tried to contact my professor but she is not responding to her e-mails and has been out all week.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

which journal style are you using?

if a basic veterinary journal style (and you're using the 9th edition), like this...

Cahn, C.M., Line, S. (Eds.), 2005. The Merck Veterinary Manual. John Wiley & Sons, ADD CITY HERE

JAVMA notation--ie with superscripts in alphabetical order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sample text 1(this is superscript) blah blah blah

1. Cahn CM, Line S. The Merck Veterinary Manual. 9th ed. ADD CITY HERE: John Wiley & Sons, 2005.

Thanks! I just needed to get the bibliography right so I don't have to go back through and change all the superscripts if I had to rearrange the sources. Now all I need to do is write the paper--it's going to be a fun weekend!

i just realized you wanted the ONLINE version... it would be a little different, and its info should be listed with the online resource. just adapt it to the same style i sent (and include the last date it was updated and when you accessed it). better, though, is to use the book version (scientific papers should contain very few online resources, though this is changing to catch up with the times). good luck writing this weekend!

I agree with above.

Hendra virus is really cool!

if you are looking for a citation program (like, if you write a lot of papers and need to manage references) I highly recommend EndNote. It has tons of citation styles (over 3000!) and you can change the format of both the reference int he paper and the bibliography just by clicking a button. It's very convenient (though its interface needs to be updated).

if you are looking for a citation program (like, if you write a lot of papers and need to manage references) I highly recommend EndNote.

yes, Endnote is what i use all the time (for the last seven years), and how i generated the journal style samples. (also why i didn't send the corrected online sample yesterday, as i don't have the right version on my laptop). it is a great program, and if they change the interface would indeed be better.