Citibank loans

Started by CyrilSneer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CyrilSneer

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I am a Canadian citizen looking to finance my education...can someone give any feedback about CitiAssist loans....right now I have a line of credit from a canadian bank but thats nearly not enough to finance my education....seems like the citibank loan is the only other option, I noticed they have a graduate plus loan which seems much better but as a Canadian am I eligible for this? The other options are their Global Assist or Health Professions loans? Can anyone provide feedback on these?
 
Unless you have a US cosigner (with great credit, and who is currently working), you will not be eligible for any US educational loans. A lot changed this summer in the current lending industry, which has left many international students with very limited options.
If you are able to get a US cosigner, you should be able to secure a loan in most places. You need to really check your school if they have a relationship with Citibank, which would most likely help get you a loan.

Contact the finanical aid office at your new school.

Good luck.