citizenship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I had my citizenship interview today and passed. I was told I will be the us citizen in about 60 days. Crap. That is like in June 20th. I plan to submit my app may 15. Do they allow changing residency status after submitting the app? I am permanent resident right now. Should I wait until the ceremony?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you already have a Social security number?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it made no difference if you are a permanent resident or a citizen. Aren't the schools just looking for US residency?

It makes no difference if you are already a greencard holder. :)

Wow... thats good to know lol, I was getting worried for a little there... Ill probably apply for my citizenship in a few years tho.

Anyone want a Canadian citizenship? Mine is up for sale:D
And I shall take a Texas residency in return, please.

don't forget to vote for this year presidency.....

Anyone want a Canadian citizenship? Mine is up for sale:D
And I shall take a Texas residency in return, please.

You can't have my precious.

No school cares whether you have a GC or Citizenship, mate. But I would put it in as a citizen if you so desire. AADSAS takes several weeks to process everything, so by the time everything's checked out, you will have your "official" citizenship.

But like I said, it's purely for your amusement, cause schools DO NOT CARE about the difference.