Ck and EM residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drguy22

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After taking the Ck today..i feel like ****. i didnt know what there were talking about 50% of the time. So i really think i failed or did poorly...and im not even kidding. My step 1 score is fine, and im happy with it.

So... does anyone one know which residencies will require step 2 score before they even rank me? Im getting interviews at some good places. Do i have to release the scores before the match list certification? or can i wait till after?

I really feel like crap. i KNOW i got a TON wrong....

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry! Remember how crappy we all felt after taking Step 1? I thought I absolutely bombed it, and came out okay... and I think that's how it went for most people. Remember, your score will be calculated relative to everyone else's.

Good luck! Hope it works out okay :)

Q

After taking the Ck today..i feel like ****. i didnt know what there were talking about 50% of the time. So i really think i failed or did poorly...and im not even kidding. My step 1 score is fine, and im happy with it.

So... does anyone one know which residencies will require step 2 score before they even rank me? Im getting interviews at some good places. Do i have to release the scores before the match list certification? or can i wait till after?

I really feel like crap. i KNOW i got a TON wrong....

Things could be worse. You could have not done well or not passed step 1 and/or not passed sections in 1st/2nd yr.

Members don't see this ad :)
Things could be worse. You could have not done well or not passed step 1 and/or not passed sections in 1st/2nd yr.

this is gonna be a LONG and PAINFUL 3wks++ :(

no no..its says on the website that it takes 3-4 wks

Yeah, I apologize.......I got my scores on the Wednesday of the 3rd week....I take CS this coming Friday and somehow was thinking about CS not CK......

have a great weekend

drguy - just breathe. Drink...heavily. Sleep. It'll all be ok!

Took mine just under 3 weeks.

i wish i could just sleep for 3 wks....

i didnt know what they were even asking ..this is bad....never happened to me b4:( at least not this bad....:scared:

im actually really scared...

Aww, i'm sorry :(. It must feel horrible, and that tingly fear sensation just keeps you up all night, I know. But there's just nothing else to do right now. Look, worse case scenario (and this is highly unlikely) but let's say you failed it. That's the absolute worst thing, right? If you fail, then just don't release your score. The programs will know you took it, so they'll just assume you didn't do that well - but by then (late November) you will have gotten the bulk of your interview offers anyway, right? They're not going to not invite you just because you're witholding your Step 2 score. And then you'll just retake it in the spring - it'll be a huge pain in the ass, but you'll retake it. And then you'll pass, and life will go on and you'll be a great EM doc somewhere :).

Now, a more realistic scenario - you passed, but you didn't do that well. Ok. So, if it's a really terrible score, then again, don't release it. If it's not too bad, then you'll release it and programs will glance at it and say "ok, whatever". You've said yourself that your Step 1 is great and that you have excellent grades - all of that will be enough. This is just a med student talking, of course, but I can promise you that I personally know people with some pretty scary academic records who matched into good EM programs fromo my school. So, if they can do it, you'll be just fine.

Hope you can get some rest... you deserve it :).

Q