CK drop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersnazzy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I just got my CK score back and I had a small (2 point) drop from my step 1, which is just slightly above the average for ophtho. should I be worried about this? and since I submitted apps before I got this score, should I make it a point to update programs or just let it be?

I hate myself a little for worrying about something so small, but I feel like ppl expect you to go up on ck and so idk if this small drop will be magnified in that light

Members don't see this ad.

Don't submit it, let it be, and don't lose any sleep over it. If asked, just tell the truth, but otherwise don't bring it up and most importantly don't worry, won't be a deal breaker.

Reactions: 1 user
so I just got my CK score back and I had a small (2 point) drop from my step 1, which is just slightly above the average for ophtho. should I be worried about this? and since I submitted apps before I got this score, should I make it a point to update programs or just let it be?

I hate myself a little for worrying about something so small, but I feel like ppl expect you to go up on ck and so idk if this small drop will be magnified in that light

Ach du lieber.

Ay dios mio.

Oh dear lord.

This is not something you should worry about. Submit it or don't. It won't mean anything negative for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am in a similar situation, but I had a bigger drop (double digits). Does anyone know if they see your step 2 score (assuming they don't ask you) no matter what before they rank you? Or is it the case where if they don't ask you during interviews then they won't see it until much later?

Thanks for any help guys

If you didn't have the Step 2 score before your application was uploaded to SF Match, then programs won't see it, unless you officially release/update scores to SF match before ranking. Of course, they can always ask at the interview. Otherwise, there is no official process of them seeing it before they rank you unless a specific request is made by a school on an individual basis. Bottom line: don't worry, especially if Step 1 was solid, little reason for them to be wondering about Step 2 on interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much ocularis! That clears up a lot for me, appreciate the help!