CK study schedule - any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to post their study schedule for CK? Our school held our hand for Step 1 and has pretty much turned us loose to do Step 2 as we please.

I'm planning on 3 1/2 weeks, 6 days a week, 7 hours a day with several coffee / bathroom/ lactation room breaks.

Since taking Step 1, I've learned that I do better with Q & A versus straight up studying (I've done real well on all of my shelves thusfar with this change in technique) so I was planning spending 1-2 hours a day reading FA, the other 4 hours doing USMLE World, carefully reading explanations for all Q's.

Any other suggestions?
TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not follow a specific schedule. That said, I can share my thoughts on what things worked better than others. I used FA as my main text. FA is excellent and covers the majority of the topics. The caveat is that many Step 2 questions are more logic/reasoning based (than memory based), so you'll need to be able to apply what you learn from FA on the test. Deja review is a good supplement. I used Deja to solidify certain topics I could not hammer down after reading FA. I was happy with that. QBank was my main source of questions. I liked QBank more than UW (though this is the minority opinion). I thought QBank questions were better written (lengthier, better grammar, etc) than UW. QB has very good explanations as well.
This was my plan and it woked fairly well. I thought my test was actually on the easy side (relative to what I expect from NBME), so I was optimistic. I ended up doing OK (205/83), but in the back of my mind I thought I might have scored around the mean (in the 220 range). Good luck!

I have made a schedule which allows me to revise kaplan books + dvds 3 times and go over uwquestions twice in a span of 1.5 months.

Members don't see this ad :)
Watch two topics from Kaplan DVDs(i.e Cardiology and nephroogy), reading the notes from kaplan books. That will take about 7-8 hours...then do 50 UW questions, in a time/tutor mode. This could take another 2-3 hours depending on how fast you can read the explainations.
For subjects like Peds, Psych, Obgyn and Surgery...allocate 3 days each to watch their videos/read lecture notes and finish their questions.
This is working fine for me. I get up at 9..go work out, and am out by like 10 for the library. Back home by 9pm..and then hit those questions hard.
Hope this helps

these Questions u will do every day , it is in same topics u just read from notes or random 50 Questions?