Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Confused about the administration of chewable tablets montelukast.
Here is what I think. Chewable tablet: Chew or crush well. Mix crushed tablet with food. Should not be swallowed whole.
Also, the indication based on age is confusing. I heard it is NOT indicated for patients younger than 2 Years old. Some doctors still prescribe it. And on the manufacturer's bottle it says: 6 months or older (Don't remember what was the dosage form though) May be it was Granules 😳
Here is what I think. Chewable tablet: Chew or crush well. Mix crushed tablet with food. Should not be swallowed whole.
Also, the indication based on age is confusing. I heard it is NOT indicated for patients younger than 2 Years old. Some doctors still prescribe it. And on the manufacturer's bottle it says: 6 months or older (Don't remember what was the dosage form though) May be it was Granules 😳