Clarkson DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spaceball1

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been accepted at Clarkson University. However, I am feeling a little uneasy about the PBL format and how students basically teach themselves most of the information (not to mention the high cost of tuition). I have tried to do some research on others opinions of the program and I have been finding mostly negative feedback about how they go about educating their students. I am still waiting to hear back from two or three other programs, but Clarkson is the only school I've been accepted to so far.

Is this school really that bad? When people say "students teach themselves" does this mean they teach themselves out of the book and class info or purely through scholarly research? Or both? I don't know what to expect. If anybody could offer some extra insight that would be very helpful. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, Just got accepted as well!! Love to hear more about the program! Any insight would be great. Planning to start August 2019!!

So, I've been accepted at Clarkson University. However, I am feeling a little uneasy about the PBL format and how students basically teach themselves most of the information (not to mention the high cost of tuition). I have tried to do some research on others opinions of the program and I have been finding mostly negative feedback about how they go about educating their students. I am still waiting to hear back from two or three other programs, but Clarkson is the only school I've been accepted to so far.

Is this school really that bad? When people say "students teach themselves" does this mean they teach themselves out of the book and class info or purely through scholarly research? Or both? I don't know what to expect. If anybody could offer some extra insight that would be very helpful. Thank you.
Hey everyone, Just got accepted as well!! Love to hear more about the program! Any insight would be great. Planning to start August 2019!!

DO NOT GO HERE. TAKE A YR OFF AND REAPPLY IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY ACCEPTANCE