Class advice needed :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gna2849

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to register for the Fall semester and would like to get some advice from you guys!
I've taken pretty much all the prerequisites, and the remaining classes I'm interested in are:

Neuropsychopharmacology vs. Pharmacology
Molecular Toxicology
Parasitology

Other than pure science classes like Anatomy, Pathology, etc..., I'm not sure if these classes are offered in med school or related to Medicine at all.

Also, I'm interested in both Neuropsychopharmacology and Pharmacology, but I don't want to take both since they seem repetitive. Any advice on choosing which class to take?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I'm trying to register for the Fall semester and would like to get some advice from you guys!
I've taken pretty much all the prerequisites, and the remaining classes I'm interested in are:

Neuropsychopharmacology vs. Pharmacology
Molecular Toxicology
Parasitology

Other than pure science classes like Anatomy, Pathology, etc..., I'm not sure if these classes are offered in med school or related to Medicine at all.

Also, I'm interested in both Neuropsychopharmacology and Pharmacology, but I don't want to take both since they seem repetitive. Any advice on choosing which class to take?

Thanks a lot!
Beyond prereqs, the standard advice is to take whatever you want, what interests you most, and what you think you will do well in. A variation of this question is asked all the time, and the answer doesn't change.

Med schools really don't care what classes you take. They are not looking for everyone to take the same things, and, in fact, really like diversity. Your readiness for med school will be judged by your overall GPA, science GPA, MCAT score, and other experiences, not whether or which "ology" classes you take beyond those that they require! Advanced Topics in Medieval Theology will be as highly valued as Molecular Toxicology. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah i will definitely agree - take whatever makes you happy. Think about it, - this is THE LAST TIME you will get a chance to take whatever you want!!! in my last semester in undergrad i took criminology :))) (i was biochem major math minor). It was an intro to criminology class (i needed 3 more credit from electives), and i LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. it was so exciting, so different. So, take whatever gets you excited!!!! history? philosophy? art? science stuff? make yourself happy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
M&L said:
Yeah i will definitely agree - take whatever makes you happy. Think about it, - this is THE LAST TIME you will get a chance to take whatever you want!!! in my last semester in undergrad i took criminology :))) (i was biochem major math minor). It was an intro to criminology class (i needed 3 more credit from electives), and i LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. it was so exciting, so different. So, take whatever gets you excited!!!! history? philosophy? art? science stuff? make yourself happy.
Yea a diverse mix of classes will help you with secondaries and interviews and stuff; like M&L said it can only help
I took music theory, medical ethics, anthropology, philosophy etc. etc. in college and they were all very interesting

I will go ahead and take classes that most interest me:clap:
Thank you so much y'all ;)