class classification question for "biomedical ethics"

futurenjdoc

7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
i took a course titled "biomedical ethics". according to AACOMAS's website, "bioethics" is included in the "other science" section, while "medical ethics" is included in the "other non-science" section. I would like to count it towards my science gpa. does anyone have any insight on this. it was offered by the philosophy department at my school.

Marrowist

Bone Boy
2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I doubt it would be considered science. However, you should email AACOMAS and ask them about this specifically.

OP
F

futurenjdoc

7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
why do you doubt it if a science class is considered "bioethics", but the class is named "biomedical ethics"?

OP
F

futurenjdoc

7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
i just called a representative from AACOMAS and they said "it can go either way". they explained that it depends on the opinion of who's reviewing the application.

Marrowist

Bone Boy
2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I doubted it because it was taught by the philosophy department. That's odd that there is ambiguity at AACOMAS in deciding if a class is science or not...

OP
F

futurenjdoc

7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
i called again to get a second opinion from another representative and they were also stumped. im just going to assume its gonna be counted as nonscience