Class I Antiarrhythmics - Atrial Flutter

Started by DocMiami
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocMiami

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Treatment of atrial flutter with Class I drugs may cause sudden increases in the ventricular rate from below 100/ min to above 200/min due to a sudden decrease in the AV conduction ratio from e.g. 6-4:1 to 1:1 (Fig. 4.7).

Can someone please clarify this 🙂 Thank yoU!
 
Treatment of atrial flutter with Class I drugs may cause sudden increases in the ventricular rate from below 100/ min to above 200/min due to a sudden decrease in the AV conduction ratio from e.g. 6-4:1 to 1:1 (Fig. 4.7).

Can someone please clarify this 🙂 Thank yoU!

the class 1 antiarrhythmic drug can increase conduction so all beats are conducted. when the V rate is so high its bad


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app