Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mmmm Extra IPA

I like hops.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I just had to chime in to second this.
(Except that I'm at work so no IPA for me.)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks all, finally finished that UCLA secondary. One of my top choices so wanna make sure it doesn't suck. Anyone mind taking a quick look see at my responses besides Coug?

ok, so who broke the internet this time?

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, so who broke the internet this time?

Sorry everyone, it was me. The awesomeness of the radish earrings I just made for my Luna Lovegood costume just temporarily exploded the internet.

In unrelated news, the mom of this little boy I teach swim lessons to just told me that I have such a gift with kids, I should be a pediatrician. :love:

Really threw me off that I couldn't get to the forums this afternoon. I realized how much I actually check SDN :laugh:

student host cancelled on me today...bummer. Scrambled for somewhere to stay this weekend and found a place, but that was a bit stressful.

Sorry everyone, it was me. The awesomeness of the radish earrings I just made for my Luna Lovegood costume just temporarily exploded the internet.
Prepping for an invite? I think I know which house you're in teehee

student host cancelled on me today...bummer. Scrambled for somewhere to stay this weekend and found a place, but that was a bit stressful.
Super lame. They better have had a good reason!

Haha, actually, I would...you would be a superfun date:) We could go to shabu shabu....or The Counter. Then see a movie. Then karaoke. It would be epic:)

YES YOU DO!

I PROMISE you that this December, we will definitely go out for food! I will be out of school (forever!) and we can do stuff....we no longer will have excuses (except for afternoons where I have to go into research to finish up my Thesis)...but I will make time for LUNCH! haha.

Really threw me off that I couldn't get to the forums this afternoon. I realized how much I actually check SDN :laugh:

Damn, that sucks, Ducky! If we had a house, I'd offer you a room, but there ain't much room in our rinky dink apartment.

Each of the boys in this thread needs to take me out on a date.

You know, minus the last sentence of all of your dates.

Ski date? ;) Tahoe, Winter Break, see-ya there.

Guys, you can all take me on a date. We can negotiate the last sentence, depending on how great it is. ;)

:cool:

I don't get why people are complaining about the Call of Duty commercial, especially on ESPN. I don't see how that commercial is offensive at all or that Kobe being in it is disrespectful. They are missing the point that the commercial is just saying that "everyone" plays - I mean if they're all upset because he's a public figure then why not be upset about the nurses throwing grenades? Its just an empty argument.

I thought it was a little intense but not worthy of controversy.

sooo uhhh you guys remember when i said "i know where i'm going to school... unless a certain school offers me an invite in the next couple of weeks." well, that happened. i got an interview at THAT school in killadelphia!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::luck::luck::)

I just had to chime in to second this.
(Except that I'm at work so no IPA for me.)

Boo. Drink moar! Had an English IPA at the airport and it was the most delicious thing ever.

Yo tambien, was like OMG needs SDN.

That is terrible. If you get b ad news from the school, you should hunt down the student.

ALSO, bummed that I may not see HP on the opening night =( nobody would completely commit to going

finally some hilarity in this process. so you guys know i got the invite to arguably the best DO school in the country today, well this evening i got waitlisted at arguably the worst DO school in the country :laugh: I'm pretty sure they could tell I didn't really give two ****s. whoops.

finally some hilarity in this process. so you guys know i got the invite to arguably the best DO school in the country today, well this evening i got waitlisted at arguably the worst DO school in the country :laugh: I'm pretty sure they could tell I didn't really give two ****s. whoops.

Haha wow, this process is so strange. You should send the school that WLed you this picture:
bfe61bfd-73ae-49ca-90d4-e2b647757f53.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Prepping for an invite? I think I know which house you're in teehee

Nope, I'm going to the midnight showing tomorrow night. (I graduated, so alas, no more invites for me :() But that would be an awesome invite theme!

hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know it!!!!!!!!!

And I'm sorry Ducky, that's a huge bummer. I guess it's good they gave you at least a couple days?

Eek.. that sucks. Good thing you found something.

I just scrambled around the other day looking for places in Philly, and there must be a conference or something going on because every hotel and inn is booked up. And in the lobby just now there were like a dozen 30-40somethings talking about oncology stuff, so maybe there's some sort of medical conference.

I almost stayed at this one place that sounded real cool, hip, and cheap, but the owner rented out like the whole place to some professor and his daughter, so she's tell me you could sleep in my office for the yoga classroom. I was like uh, I'll think about it. Should've gone for it, especially if she's a yoga instructor. :love:

I officially created a new mathematical rating system.

Body(Real) + Mind(Imaginary) = Rating in the complex plane.

Absolute Rating = sqrt(B^2 + M^2)

I've solved many problems with this groundbreaking discovery.

The headache I just got from this is why I wasn't at that Harvard interview with you :p.

Broken SDN ruined the last 4 hours of my shift at work today. I ran out of ways to procrastinate.

I just saw my suit hanging in the closet, and it reminded me that since I am done interviewing, I don't feel like I got my money's worth out of it. It got retired after my first three interviews. I need to take my gf out to a fancy dinner of something... or maybe I'll just wear it to the lab tomorrow for the hell of it.

also, flow, what was that formula designed to evaluate exactly?

I just saw my suit hanging in the closet, and it reminded me that since I am done interviewing, I don't feel like I got my money's worth out of it. It got retired after my first three interviews. I need to take my gf out to a fancy dinner of something... or maybe I'll just wear it to the lab tomorrow for the hell of it.

I know Rhino, I paid good money for my suit and I really look good in it/want to wear it all the time. I made my girlfriend go with me dressed up to a fancy restaurant. Trouble was the restaurant turned out to not be fancy and we looked dumb.

I know Rhino, I paid good money for my suit and I really look good in it/want to wear it all the time. I made my girlfriend go with me dressed up to a fancy restaurant. Trouble was the restaurant turned out to not be fancy and we looked dumb.

:laugh: oh no. We need to come up with a list of places where it is acceptable to suit up.

haha I'm sure you both totally owned it though. People were jealous.

Also I like the new avatar :thumbup:

I almost stayed at this one place that sounded real cool, hip, and cheap, but the owner rented out like the whole place to some professor and his daughter, so she's tell me you could sleep in my office for the yoga classroom. I was like uh, I'll think about it. Should've gone for it, especially if she's a yoga instructor. :love:
Haha ooh, bendy.

How do you measure up in this system?

There are almost no "fancy" restaurants in LA. You can go anywhere in jeans and heels. Hell, if you're a celebrity, even bathing seems to be optional.

I feel like I'll use my suit about a year from now... when I'm applying for med schools all over again :( (Eeyore moment)

Lol it was semi related to earlier discussions... Men generally use numerical evaluations in parlance to evaluate women. However, these ratings are almost exclusively 90% physical. I have designated this physical rating as the "real" component to the complex plane rating system, with the mental/emotional/personal component being the value on the "imaginary" axis.

Therefore, a hot but obnoxious gal would glean a rating of 10 + 2i
Interesting but unattractive, 4 + 8i
The magnitude of these vectors would be their absolute rating, taking into account both the mental and physical, as sqrt ( Real^2 + Imaginary^2 )

This would also help when talking to your buddies, such as "man I have this girl for you, she's so nice." then you could ask "alright, but what's her real rating?" which would say "is she fugly?"

Furthermore, it changes the absolute scale to from 0 to about 14, which is reasonable, since you know when you meet a hot girl who's also awesome, you want to rate her above 10.

(this is all tongue in cheek, the math and especially engineering nerds I told this to thought it was funny)

Just wear it out. It's a bit harder to do without people goign "wtf why do you look so formal?" on the west coast, but I wear my suit out when I feel like doing stuff--so I totally recommend it! It's fun :) plus btw try wearing it to places you usually get treated as a lame college student i.e. car dealerships and see hwo much more interest and leeway you get :D

Awww, that's cute Longshanks.

DaisyB, you'll get in this round. Don't sell yourself short. :)

Broken SDN ruined the last 4 hours of my shift at work today. I ran out of ways to procrastinate.

:laugh: same here...i thought they did the 5am tune-ups so they didn't have to do them in the afternoon when everyone gets on. oh well, i found other ways to occupy myself

Haha Eeyore was always such a depressing character that I'm surprised he was on a children's show. He was always saying things like, "Oh no, I lost my tail again. I should just end the pain and jump off a cliff."

Haha Eeyore was always such a depressing character that I'm surprised he was on a children's show. He was always saying things like, "Oh no, I lost my tail again. I should just end the pain and jump off a cliff."
The more I think about this post, the more I'm convinced each of the Winnie the Pooh characters has its own psychopathology.

I mean, if Eeyore's got depression, there's also Tigger who is arguably manic, Kanga has anxiety anytime Roo runs off, etc. =D

The more I think about this post, the more I'm convinced each of the Winnie the Pooh characters has its own psychopathology.

I mean, if Eeyore's got depression, there's also Tigger who is arguably manic, Kanga has anxiety anytime Roo runs off, etc. =D

Pooh is a compulsive over-eater/EDNOS (since he'll only eat hunny)
Christopher Robin is clearly schizophrenic and hallucinating flying pink elephants and all his animal friends.

Sigh, got my fourth pre-interview hold. Bah humbug.

Crap, Daisy. I'm sorry. The girls that worked here before me didn't get interview invites til Jan/Feb and they are both in medical school this year. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

sorry tiger :(

flow, from one engineer to another, why make the mind imaginary? it doesn't change the magnitude of the vector at all

and rhino, i luckily have had friends in almost every location i've interviewed, so i typically go out to a bar/club after the interview in a suit for no reason (especially fun in manhattan when i feel like an investment banker)

daisy, are you having as much fun with this girl talk album as i am? my favorite track is Get it Get it i think.

flow, from one engineer to another, why make the mind imaginary? it doesn't change the magnitude of the vector at all

and rhino, i luckily have had friends in almost every location i've interviewed, so i typically go out to a bar/club after the interview in a suit for no reason (especially fun in manhattan when i feel like an investment banker)
Because it is quite literally an "imaginary" rating as the mind doesn't exist in reality. :D

Plus because I thought this up during an electrical engineering course.

I really wish I had done the same thing, but I let my fear of spills ruin it for me.
Because it is quite literally an "imaginary" rating as the mind doesn't exist in reality. :D

I want to post some pictures of well known people to test out your formula, but I haven't been able to come up with anybody to use as a standard.

daisy, are you having as much fun with this girl talk album as i am? my favorite track is Get it Get it i think.

Yes! the new Girl Talk cd is the shidt. Everyone should download it (it's free) I really like "triple double".

You should use Girl Talk as a reason for why you want to go to CWRU med.

I think I should have been on drugs when I saw him in concert... because I wasn't really impressed enough to listen to any of his albums. Is it really that good?

:hardy: I just found out that I'm going to be able to go on a trip this winter break!!! Australia here I come!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

I'm terrified of sharks, so naturally the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is go cage diving with great whites. :confused:

:(

I got 6th rejection yesterday.... if it makes you feel better somehow.
No it doesn't! I want you all to be100% accepted!
My only issue with it is that it still isn't as fun as Super Mash Bros' music. I like to run to that kind of music so if it isn't super high-energy I don't like it as much :cool:
:hardy: I just found out that I'm going to be able to go on a trip this winter break!!! Australia here I come!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

I'm terrified of sharks, so naturally the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is go cage diving with great whites. :confused:
Sounds like an awesome vacay, rafflecopter! Way to face your fears :D

Math :love:

Perfect. :laugh:

Hey do you guys think it would be okay for me to say something like "I feel I have a lot to offer to your incoming class and look forward at the possibility of interviewing at your school." in a combined update letter/letter of interest or is that too strong?

Can I say that because I have alot of family near a school, and I visit them regularly, I already feel right at home there and would love to attend there for 4 years?

Hey do you guys think it would be okay for me to say something like "I feel I have a lot to offer to your incoming class and look forward at the possibility of interviewing at your school." in a combined update letter/letter of interest or is that too strong?

Can I say that because I have alot of family near a school, and I visit them regularly, I already feel right at home there and would love to attend there for 4 years?

I think both things would be fine to say.