Class of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gas. Greatest thing ever. The only bad part is getting through a year of IM to get to the promised land.

Members don't see this ad.

logo.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Four more weeks and I'm done with the required 3rd year clerkships. Also apparently I'm awesome at pelvic exams it turns out. Paptacular.

Ugh, OB :vomit: I'm sold on EM (+/- critical care)

Just finished 1st week of surgery. Only 7 weeks left and I'm done with 3rd year. Thank you sweet baby Jesus. 3rd year is the worst.

I start my first elective of third year today. It seems pretty late to finally get an elective. How does this compare to your schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I start my first elective of third year today. It seems pretty late to finally get an elective. How does this compare to your schools?

We don't get any electives during 3rd year. :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
That sucks. I'm doing 1 elective & both JIs during the last 3mo of my third year as it stands. That way I can do an away as my first 4th year rotation if I'm set on a specialty by then.

I'm doing an "elective" next block, but it's EM, which is actually a required course, so I guess my third year doesn't have electives.

2 weeks...crawling towards the finish line.

Geez, I'm jealous of some of you! We still have 6 weeks left, then 1 week off before 4th year starts.

Turns out the senior who was hardest on me, who gave me terrible anxiety for weeks, who I was sure thought I was completely incompetent...gave me honors.

in other news, OB is the bomb dot com

Reactions: 1 users
I wrote my personal statement. It's weird to write one knowing ERAS is quickly approaching. Medical school is ending soon.

I have definitely not started that. :scared: I made a CV though.
I did that over winter break. My personal statement is definitely a rough draft. Way too much of a story right now.

Officially an MS4!! Thank you baby Jesus

Reactions: 1 users
Undergrad class of 2017 here~ Why are people saying 3rd year is the worst here? i thought that was 2 year, with Step I and all. Then the fun starts 3rd and 4th year with clinical rotations and then interviews?

Undergrad class of 2017 here~ Why are people saying 3rd year is the worst here? i thought that was 2 year, with Step I and all. Then the fun starts 3rd and 4th year with clinical rotations and then interviews?
If your idea of fun is working terrible hours, often in fields you have no interest in, where you are rarely made to feel useful or appreciated, all while trying to make time to study for unforgiving shelf exams in the hopes that your score might mitigate whatever subjective evaluations you happen to receive from whichever residents/attendings happen to feel like completing them regardless of how well-qualified they are to actually comment on your abilities, motivation, and character then yes third year will be fun. Otherwise it's mostly kind of a grind with highlights and lowlights just like anything else. I wouldn't say I enjoyed most of it but I learned a ton and am better for having done it.

Reactions: 2 users
4th year > 3rd year!

Absolutely!!!

I leave the hospital no later than 3pm everyday and today my attending gave me and another 4th year his credit card and sent us to the candy store to bring back candy for the team.

Absolutely!!!

I leave the hospital no later than 3pm everyday and today my attending gave me and another 4th year his credit card and sent us to the candy store to bring back candy for the team.

Currently on a MICU subI with my attending being the program director... I come in at 6:30 AM and leave around 8:30 PM, Monday through Thursday. Friday is a 26 hour shift.

Only two more days and then is the promise land of fourth year.

Currently on a MICU subI with my attending being the program director... I come in at 6:30 AM and leave around 8:30 PM, Monday through Thursday. Friday is a 26 hour shift.

I'm with you. Real 4th year doesn't start for me until November, and that's excluding the crazy number of interviews I'm trying to go on...

Shudder...my ICU month was a dark time. Congrats on being almost free.

Dang I'm on my ICU month right now too....

When your interview invite says to use the ERAS scheduler but there is no actual interview invite there :eek:

My two interviews so far have been through Interview Broker... Still waiting for others.... LOVE ME JEFFERSON

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Three interviews so far, all through interview broker. October will be nice once the MSPE is released so more interviews come in. Trying to schedule now is a pain. Like, I guess I'll make mid November my time on the East coast? I have no idea where else will send me an interview. Only one more week and then it'll all make more sense.

Mine is as well! Does that mean the programs can see it or do they still not get released to them until October 1st? Anyone know?

mysteries
All I know is I got 9 interviews so far and I have a few programs I am really hoping to hear from soon because my schedule is getting hard to manage.