class schedules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldladypremed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there are any links to the different schools' class schedules in the first and second year. I'm working on trying to figure out how medical school will work, while keeping my children in mind.

I'd especially love to know the schedules of any of the schools in the new york area... NYMC, Einstein, Brooklyn etc. if anyone wants to post or point me to the links.

I have written emails twice to NYMC (closest to our home) but no one ever responds.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

-Oldlady

Members don't see this ad.

Our schedules are not as consistent as other schools because each day and subject are based on when physicians are able to lecture to us. During the fall, we generally had class from 9am-noon and then depending on the afternnon, we had class from 1-4. (Some days it was our clinical class, others it was conference sessions.)

In the winter, we had Anatomy and our Biochem course from 8:45am-1pm and then class again from 2-3 sometimes. Again, we also had our clinical afternoon class and a few conference sessions.

Currently, we have class from 9-noon and afternoon classes that end around 3:30pm or 4pm. Overall, I would say we're in class an average of 3-4 hours a day, but some times it is definitely more.

I hope that helps you out!