Class time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mathnerd

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how much time everybody spends in class, clinic and or lab.
DS1s at UNLV are scheduled per week for:
4 in clinic
4 in dental anatomy lab
27 in lecture (but it can be as few as 22-23 if we get dismissed early)

It is crazy busy, and is anybody else feeling overwhelmed with your schedule?

Thanks,
MN

Members don't see this ad.

aphistis said:
72 hours unscheduled lab

Dang, looks like second year might be even more fun than first...
I have no idea what our schedule is like...

Members don't see this ad :)
First year, first semester at Arizona:

32 hours lecture/wk
4 hours simlab/wk
4 hours Grand Rounds/wk

Second year at Arizona:

36 hours simlab (lab door closes at 5, so you go home and don't come back) :D. Actually, over the past month or so, I've probably been averaging 2-3 hours at school/day.

Zurik5 said:
Dang, looks like second year might be even more fun than first...
I have no idea what our schedule is like...
Just you wait. Rachel had a UIC alum come into the bank a couple weeks ago, and when Rachel told her I'm a D2, her response was "Ugh...well, just remind him that it'll eventually be over." She must've had some great memories of what you've got coming down the pipe. ;)

aphistis said:
Just you wait. Rachel had a UIC alum come into the bank a couple weeks ago, and when Rachel told her I'm a D2, her response was "Ugh...well, just remind him that it'll eventually be over." She must've had some great memories of what you've got coming down the pipe. ;)

Yah, all the D2?s I?ve spoken to think it?s much worse than first year. So far my first year hasn?t been terribly horrible?anatomy sucks, but I?m managing. UIC is apparently in the middle of ?ongoing curriculum changes? so we seem to get out of class early a lot.. In fact, there have been a ton of times during one of our bullsh*t courses (comprehensive care is its name, mind you) that the professors haven?t even shown up, or completely wasted our time with a remedial introduction to inter-office computer networking? you get the idea.. I hope every dental student is subjected to this type of crap, because I?ve really been questioning my decision lately.

Chicago rocks though, and I?ve met a lot of great people, so the good outweighs the bad.... I think :confused:

I'm NEVER in class...always in the lab :D

D1 Year at Tennessee

6 Hours Dental Morphology Lab
3 Hours Operative Lab
3 Hours Histo Lab
24 Hours Lecture a week

first year at UOP:

7 hours operative
8 hours fixed
4 hours dental anatomy
4 hours pre-clinic
14 hours lecture (it was more last quarter)

That is interesting to see what evrybody is up to in different schools. Regardless of where you attend, it seems to be demanding and a bit of a juggling act. I find that prioritizing my time is the greatest challenge, and sometimes (more often than not) sleep is optional.