Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Class Timing question

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by jp104, Nov 28, 2005.

1. jp104

jp104 Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi All!

First off, I hope everyone's semester is going well! I had a quick question on class timing and the application cycle/MCAT.

First background:

Completed courses -
    Physics I/II w/Labs
    Bio I/II w/Labs
    Gen Chem I/II w/Labs

Orgo 1 (taking now) No lab

For next semester (Spring 2006) I wanted to take Orgo II and no lab so as to study for the MCAT in april. My plan is to take Orgo 1 lab in summer 2006, and then finish off Orgo 2 lab in the Fall 2006. Is there anything wrong with that timing?

Thanks!!!!

2. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Sounds ok to me. You need to have the organic labs done before you matriculate, but you should be fine for the MCAT with just the organic lecture courses. Good luck. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jp104

jp104 Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thank you for the info! By the way, I've read your organic chemistry tutorials in the other forums here and they are GREAT! Thanks again!

4. moranwoods

moranwoods Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took the August 2004 MCAT after taking O-Chem I during the summer just before. No problems here as I recall only a few O-Chem questions. Just depends on the test you get. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...