10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi All!

First off, I hope everyone's semester is going well! I had a quick question on class timing and the application cycle/MCAT.

First background:

Completed courses -
Physics I/II w/Labs
Bio I/II w/Labs
Gen Chem I/II w/Labs

Orgo 1 (taking now) No lab

For next semester (Spring 2006) I wanted to take Orgo II and no lab so as to study for the MCAT in april. My plan is to take Orgo 1 lab in summer 2006, and then finish off Orgo 2 lab in the Fall 2006. Is there anything wrong with that timing?

Thanks!!!!

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
Sounds ok to me. You need to have the organic labs done before you matriculate, but you should be fine for the MCAT with just the organic lecture courses. Good luck. :)

jp104

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
QofQuimica said:
Sounds ok to me. You need to have the organic labs done before you matriculate, but you should be fine for the MCAT with just the organic lecture courses. Good luck. :)
Thank you for the info! By the way, I've read your organic chemistry tutorials in the other forums here and they are GREAT! Thanks again!

moranwoods

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
D-Town
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
jp104 said:
Thank you for the info! By the way, I've read your organic chemistry tutorials in the other forums here and they are GREAT! Thanks again!
I took the August 2004 MCAT after taking O-Chem I during the summer just before. No problems here as I recall only a few O-Chem questions. Just depends on the test you get. Good luck.

About the Ads