classes after Graduation and GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahhdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone I wanted a little advice on how taking classes after graduation works. Does the GPA of the new classes still count towards your GPA that you graduated with. How do Dentals Schools look at some one graduated still taking extra classes does it factor into theis calculations of the overall and science GPA

All the help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanx:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everyone I wanted a little advice on how taking classes after graduation works. Does the GPA of the new classes still count towards your GPA that you graduated with. How do Dentals Schools look at some one graduated still taking extra classes does it factor into theis calculations of the overall and science GPA

All the help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanx:D

If you are taking classes on an university level, it would count as postbac and factor into your overall GPA.

If you are taking graduate courses, there will be a separate column for it.

I have another question to add. I'm graduating with a 3.1 gpa from UCI as a Bio Major and I would basically like to retake all my undergrad core science classes at a CC. Do you think this would be helpful towards my gpa and prep. or should I just enroll into a graduate program. And if grad program, can anyone suggest schools in california that are part-time. Thanks!

I have another question to add. I'm graduating with a 3.1 gpa from UCI as a Bio Major and I would basically like to retake all my undergrad core science classes at a CC. Do you think this would be helpful towards my gpa and prep. or should I just enroll into a graduate program. And if grad program, can anyone suggest schools in california that are part-time. Thanks!

Enroll in grad program. Going to CC makes it look like you want an easy way in and some schools prefer that you avoid CC courses.