Classes at Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I posted here about classes at my community college vs traveling down to Harvard Extension 3.5 hrs round trip and got some interesting feedback. I have decided on CC for now. Of the following classes, what should I take that can best prepare me for med school or would best help my application?/
Here they are:

Anatomy and Physiology 1&2
Microbiology
Buman Biology
Personal Nutrition
Human Genetics
Pathophysiology
Calc 2 (Got a C+ first time)
Physics 2 (Got a C+ first time)
Growth and Development of the Young Child
Health, Safety and Nutrition in Early Childhood Education
Human Growth and Development: The Life Span
Stats

Granted I will be only taking 2 or 3 a term but I have a 3.05 GPA, 2.81 science that needs boosting. How should I do it? I can also try to take Neurobiology online from Harvard Extension and possibily others through correspondence online. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks and much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

redwings54 said:
Hey, I posted here about classes at my community college vs traveling down to Harvard Extension 3.5 hrs round trip and got some interesting feedback. I have decided on CC for now. Of the following classes, what should I take that can best prepare me for med school or would best help my application?/
Here they are:

Anatomy and Physiology 1&2
Microbiology
Buman Biology
Personal Nutrition
Human Genetics
Pathophysiology
Calc 2 (Got a C+ first time)
Physics 2 (Got a C+ first time)
Growth and Development of the Young Child
Health, Safety and Nutrition in Early Childhood Education
Human Growth and Development: The Life Span
Stats

Granted I will be only taking 2 or 3 a term but I have a 3.05 GPA, 2.81 science that needs boosting. How should I do it? I can also try to take Neurobiology online from Harvard Extension and possibily others through correspondence online. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks and much appreciated

Genetics and A&P would help you the most. (especially for the MCAT)

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMom said:
I'd retake physics so that you can replace that C and boost your science GPA.
I don't think many schools will let you retake a course "for a grade" that you have already passed (with a C or better).

AACOMAS (therefore all osteopathic schools) replaces with the most recent grade, so retaking something you made a C in and doing much better can make a notable difference in your computed GPA.