Classes before the pre-reqs/postbacc??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lovethebomb

Lovethebomb
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated in 2001 with a BA in Pscyh. I am working out the details on how I can get my pre-reqs or into a post bacc. Currently I work fulltime but I am hoping to either move with a new job and take pre-reqs at UCLA or go full force into a post-bacc.

In the meantime, I'd like to take some classes online just to get me back into the swing of things. What do others recommend? I am thinking maybe some math (it's been 7 years of course.. heh), Spanish, maybe medical terminology? Any ideas welcome? I also know to add some volunteering and shadowing in the meantime as well.

Thanks!
 
I graduated in 2001 with a BA in Pscyh. I am working out the details on how I can get my pre-reqs or into a post bacc. Currently I work fulltime but I am hoping to either move with a new job and take pre-reqs at UCLA or go full force into a post-bacc.

In the meantime, I'd like to take some classes online just to get me back into the swing of things. What do others recommend? I am thinking maybe some math (it's been 7 years of course.. heh), Spanish, maybe medical terminology? Any ideas welcome? I also know to add some volunteering and shadowing in the meantime as well.

Thanks!

I personally would stay away from online offerings.
 
If you haven't done much math (as you indicated), I would review some college-level algebra or pre-calculus. I've seen a few non-trads doing poorly in some of the pre-reqs, not because they didn't understand the material but they were rusty on basic algebra. As Law2Doc stated, I would also stay away from online courses.

Good luck.