Classes for the fall...

Started by patobe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

patobe

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. Iam a int'l bus/french major and wanted to start my prereqs for PA school. I am trying to take these classes and wanted to get y'alls opinion to see if its a good load?

A&P I
Genetics
Cell Bio
Gen Chem
Psyc

? Anyone with suggestions...those who have taken these classes and what you thought about them? Science is one of my strong subjects so A&P doesn't worry me.
 
You are planning to take all of those together?? Does the Genetics have a lab? To me, that seems like its a little heavy. A&P can be very time consuming because it's a lot of memorization (I took them as anatomy and phys, I thought anatomy was just pure memorizing and phys was more application). If your genetics is like mine, we had a huge lab project that we did over the whole semester that took a lot of time. My cell bio was alot of chem, so if you haven't had any chem before, that may be a good one for later. Gen Chem isn't too bad, but it depends if you have a teacher that wants alot out of you as far as homework problems and lab reports. Psyc is easy for me, so I wouldn't think that that would be a problem.

Anyways, my suggestion would be to lose the Cell Bio until after you've had the chem at least. I wish that I had waited until after I had orgo actually because we did alot of bio synthesis stuff that I would have understood alot better if I had the first Orgo before hand.
 
After talking to different people I did realized that it would be a heavy load.

Im going to take Bio for majors (apparently I took for non-majors) during sum I and taking gen chem in sum II. Then Im thinking of taking A&P I, Chem II plus 2 business courses? (business major) I really am trying to mix my business courses (need 1 more semester to graduate but if I mix takes another 2 semester) with my prereq. so that I can go into pa in 09 if I get accepted!?? I think I will hold with the cell bio. for now.