Classes in Opt school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Opto85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just wanted to get some names of books for first year courses such as Physiology I and II, Geometric and physical optics, neuroanatomy, gen and ocular biochem.
i know books are diff for each school but I would really appreciate it if some one can suggest some book names.

Members don't see this ad.

i just wanted to get some names of books for first year courses such as Physiology I and II, Geometric and physical optics, neuroanatomy, gen and ocular biochem.
i know books are diff for each school but I would really appreciate it if some one can suggest some book names.

For the love of God, WHY?

Don't even think about being a geek and getting a "head start." That will not help you.

If you insist though, why not just try entering "Geometric and Physical Optics" in amazon.com.

ya i have done tht too, but it would have been better if someone suggested school's books names, also like physiology is a broad topic and i don't know how deep it goes into.
And Thanks Alot for ur suggestions.

Members don't see this ad :)
a- dont buy the books... upperclassmen will tell you which ones you need but for the most part lecture notes are in depth enough
b- all schools have different books, what school do you want it for?
c- relax and just wait till you get there- you are going to burn yourself out waaaay too early and end up an upset, tired 1st year... there is absolutely no reason to try and study that stuff ahead of time... that is kinda the stupidest most insane plan i have ever heard.
if you really wanna waste your money on books now i would get something useful like massachusetts eye or wills eye... at least that is something you will want after you get out of school

thank you so much, maybe i should wait till the school starts.

Save your energy!! And you better appreciate the free time you have now...because it will be GONE!!!

For the love of God, WHY?

Don't even think about being a geek and getting a "head start." That will not help you.

If you insist though, why not just try entering "Geometric and Physical Optics" in amazon.com.

LOL. :laugh: