Classes recorded on video?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student1985

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you have the option of having your classes recorded and put online? If not video recording, then at least audio recording?

If so, do you find this technology to be helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Maryland has it (video and downloadable audio podcasts) and its a lifesaver at times

Members don't see this ad :)
bump

any other responses?

Tufts just recently started recording lectures in a couple of our classes. They are VERY helpful (especially when you've been out a couple of weeks to study for the boards).

NYUCD has only audio recordings but for some courses professors don't allow even that much.

We have students record the audio for our classes. It helps a lot when studying for the tests. Our micro prof recorded for us and it was much more convenient.

U stop going to class for weeks??
I didnt know that was possible....

U stop going to class for weeks??
I didnt know that was possible....

it's expected at Tufts. The only problem is that now I can't seem to get motivated for these exam blocks anymore....sigh, back to OMFS.

We have both here, however the video is new, and still in its infancy. I would expect they will have all the kinks worked out by the time I graduated.

For the audio, we took class dues and bought a recorder and it is posted for download on our website. I could not live with out it.
-C