classes to take before pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sm521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my original plan was to complete the pharmacy pre-reqs before applying to any pharm schools. i had changed my mind and decided to complete my bachelors degree in biology, and then, apply to pharmacy school.

the school im going to requires 20 biology credits for my degree. i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and suggest what biology classes i could take that would be helpful to me when i enter pharmacy school.

thank you for your help !

Members don't see this ad.

my original plan was to complete the pharmacy pre-reqs before applying to any pharm schools. i had changed my mind and decided to complete my bachelors degree in biology, and then, apply to pharmacy school.

the school im going to requires 20 biology credits for my degree. i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and suggest what biology classes i could take that would be helpful to me when i enter pharmacy school.

biochem
immunology
pathology or some form of infectious disease.. i don't know what the options are for undergrad
physiology if you haven't done that already

Immuno, micro, anatomy, medical microbio if you already took regular one, genetics. We took all of these during first year and it was a total review for me, I was able to get away with half the studying. :)

Summer before school, chill back, relax and take nothing 101.:laugh: