yadave

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

So I am really confused on what else to take as a post bacc class. I messed up my bcmp gpa a lot so instead of just retaking those courses, I decided to just take upper level science courses. However, there are only so many offered per quarter that can fit into the same schedule together. Therefore, I am opting for classes in physics such as phys 106 which is "how things work". Although it sounds like a gpa-padding class, it is technically a higher number than the college physics sequence which was 101-103. I am wondering if such classes are ok? Also, how much undergraduate research credit can you have before aamc thinks of it as bad? I take credits for doing research and this quarter I had 4. I am wondering if that is ok and if it will be counted towards my science gpa also. I am trying really hard to get my overall and science gpa up to apply to smp and have been maintaining around a 3.8 gpa. this is a huge jump from my trends of sub 2 gpas for a long time. Anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.

yeahdave

yadave

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
oh and also, how does aamc look at psychology courses? My second major was bio-psych and I also take classes along side my science classes (even after graduating) that are upper div psychs. this past quarter i took a class called memory and am gonna also be taking adult development, a brain drug class, a psycho pharmacology course. I took upper div science classes for sure such as human anatomy and neurobiology as well. I am just so confused on what the right classes are vs the wrong ones. especially since i wanna raise both my science and overall gpa simultaneously.