classes to take in post-bacc

Started by yadave
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yadave

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

So I am really confused on what else to take as a post bacc class. I messed up my bcmp gpa a lot so instead of just retaking those courses, I decided to just take upper level science courses. However, there are only so many offered per quarter that can fit into the same schedule together. Therefore, I am opting for classes in physics such as phys 106 which is "how things work". Although it sounds like a gpa-padding class, it is technically a higher number than the college physics sequence which was 101-103. I am wondering if such classes are ok? Also, how much undergraduate research credit can you have before aamc thinks of it as bad? I take credits for doing research and this quarter I had 4. I am wondering if that is ok and if it will be counted towards my science gpa also. I am trying really hard to get my overall and science gpa up to apply to smp and have been maintaining around a 3.8 gpa. this is a huge jump from my trends of sub 2 gpas for a long time. Anyways, any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.

yeahdave
 
oh and also, how does aamc look at psychology courses? My second major was bio-psych and I also take classes along side my science classes (even after graduating) that are upper div psychs. this past quarter i took a class called memory and am gonna also be taking adult development, a brain drug class, a psycho pharmacology course. I took upper div science classes for sure such as human anatomy and neurobiology as well. I am just so confused on what the right classes are vs the wrong ones. especially since i wanna raise both my science and overall gpa simultaneously.