Clearing Houses for billing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steveington

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those in private practice, which clearing house do you use? What are the pros and cons?
Have you noticed big differences between clearing houses?

Members don't see this ad.

My EHR is eClinical works and I use trizetto clearinghouse. Not sure if I had a choice to pick a clearing house. I like it. No complains so far. I pay about $119.60 monthly.

Reactions: 1 user
My EHR is eClinical works and I use trizetto clearinghouse. Not sure if I had a choice to pick a clearing house. I like it. No complains so far. I pay about $119.60 monthly.
How is it a fixed amount? Or you're saying that's monthly avg?
Every billing service or clearinghouse I've ever seen is always % based (billing services ~5% and pure clearinghouses with no support/help ~3%).

Members don't see this ad :)
How is it a fixed amount? Or you're saying that's monthly avg?
Every billing service or clearinghouse I've ever seen is always % based (billing services ~5% and pure clearinghouses with no support/help ~3%).
You are correct. It is not a fixed amount. I am on auto-pay so I don't really pay close attention but I just looked at my account and yes it varies each month. This year, range is between $145 at the highest and $105.60 at the lowest. Average runs around $110 a month.

I don't remember anymore the percentage I signed. I think 3% because I do my own billing with no support or help from them. So just pure clearing house.

Piggybacking this thread, trying to find a code to work for HIPJ arthroplasty (removing to heal an ulcer), what CPT are ya'll using for that? I figure I could use exostetomy code but really isn't what I am doing....maybe I am just passing it over (and over) but can't find anything better than exostectomy or keller code in my optum360 coding book 🤓

Piggybacking this thread, trying to find a code to work for HIPJ arthroplasty (removing to heal an ulcer), what CPT are ya'll using for that? I figure I could use exostetomy code but really isn't what I am doing....maybe I am just passing it over (and over) but can't find anything better than exostectomy or keller code in my optum360 coding book 🤓
28160 is most fitting... not most RVU, but most accurate. Proceed accordingly...

Reactions: 1 users
Gracias sir, that’s what I’m looking for, now let’s go heal this

28160 is most fitting... not most RVU, but most accurate. Proceed accordingly...
Problem is 28160 is "hemiphalangectomy or interphalangeal joint excision, toe, proximal end of phalanx, each" so thus a phalangeal head arthroplasty doesnt work. If it's a hammertoe you're fixing them 28285 works with m20.41/2

Otherwise, 28124 might have to suffice for you since you're reducing bossing deformity of bone (M20.5x1/2)

Why would you piggyback this thread to post something so unrelated? Why not start a new thread?

Thanks everyone for chiming in, definitely got my question answered and didn’t even have to start a new thread

Thanks everyone for chiming in, definitely got my question answered and didn’t even have to start a new thread
This was an appropriate bump, we have too many new threads lately :p