CLEP credit on transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BVSc2016Hopeful

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking into CLEPing a couple courses for my undergrad. It's essentially to get rid of the math prereqs for my science courses, and my humanities. I am NOT considering CLEPing any of my science, physics, or upper level math classes. Does anyone know how this would be viewed on a vet school application?

The specific courses I'm planning on CLEPing are:
College Algebra
History of the United States 1 and 2
English Literature or Composition (maybe)

Thoughts?
 
Generally if they accept AP tests, they might accept CLEP for that class. You can't do it for like... ochem (obviously), but a few of the schools I talked to about it would accept it for English and humanities. I would guess for math, too, but you should call your schools.

I didn't end up CLEPing, so I don't have more specifics for you.