Clep???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xdianaax

In memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, first I want to say I did use the search forum, but didn't really get what I was looking for... I was wondering what you guys have heard in terms of dental schools accepting CLEP credits, I know in previous threads some said they had trouble with it on the AADSAS because they didn't count it or something, I was confused. I just wanted to know if anyone else has submitted CLEP credits or if anyone knows anything about how they work in regards to dental school...thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

as long as you didn't CLEP out of any pre-reqs (why would you?), then you should be fine.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had multiple AP credits, none for a prereq. No GPA consideration for the credits in AADSAS GPA calculations. I got the impression that dental schools only look at the prereqs, if you have the minimum number of credits undergrad, degree earned, and GPA/DAT.

CLEPS are fine! Just don't focus on accumulating too many of them

PDG

If you can clep out of lower division classes in subjects such as math, english, computers, ect . . then go for it. AADSAS most likely can't calculate a GPA out of a class you never took, but that only matters in that you'd have fewer classes in which to calculate your GPA. Just do well in the rest of your classes and you should be fine. You wouldn't be able to nor would you want to clep out of the science pre-requisites for dental school.