Cleveland Clinic Elective Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destruction

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I applied for an elective in cardiology (2 months, 1 consult, and 1 CCU) to be taken in Jan, Feb 2011 at CCF - Ohio, and I've sent my application in July, but up until now I didnt hear back from them, so did any one do an elective there and know when they usually reply before the rotation? some told me in December, but it'll be a bit too late to arrange visa and travel issues.

Members don't see this ad.

Just call the departmental office and ask them when they will let you know.

i've tried many times, emails and telephones, she doesnt respond at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you done everything listed on this page to be eligible?

They go on to say that electives are scheduled 3 months in advance. That would imply that if you haven't been scheduled, you aren't on the schedule (although it does say that you will be contacted whether you are accepted or denied). Are you sure you have the right contact information?

ya thats why I am asking because my application is complete and she did send me an email in Aug telling me that I have to wait from 2 to 3 months, also in oct she sent out denial emails for my friends who have applied but I didnt get one.
Hope she'll respond soon, thx for ur replies