Cleveland clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

threemusketeers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to hear people's opinions on the cleveland clinic. I really liked it there, and was really impressed by their hospital and facilities. I was surprised however to find that a lot of their residents are foreign medical school graduates, even in neurology for instance. I always heard that foreign grads have a much harder time matching. So does this mean that Cleveland clinic is actually not as competitive when it comes to residencies?

p.s. i know i asked something similar in another thread, but I thought there may be a better response if I asked separately about the cleveland clinic. I'm also not trying to insult foreign grads, I'm just trying to learn more about this whole thing myself.

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to hear people's opinions on the cleveland clinic. I really liked it there, and was really impressed by their hospital and facilities. I was surprised however to find that a lot of their residents are foreign medical school graduates, even in neurology for instance. I always heard that foreign grads have a much harder time matching. So does this mean that Cleveland clinic is actually not as competitive when it comes to residencies?

p.s. i know i asked something similar in another thread, but I thought there may be a better response if I asked separately about the cleveland clinic. I'm also not trying to insult foreign grads, I'm just trying to learn more about this whole thing myself.

Well if it is less competitive, then that's great news since it shouldn't be too hard to match there and you liked it so much!

CCF is a tertiary referal center. Their primary care residencies are not their strong points by any means. If you are attempting to match at CCF for a fellowship or specialty, I assure you it is very difficult.