Clicking "OK" between sections on the real dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zammyd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've heard that between the end of your current section and the next section during the DAT, there is some sort of confirmation box which requires you to click "okay" or "yes" or something of that sort. I was just wondering is that if you delay clicking the confirmation box can you delay the time to start the next section? Or will the next section start automatically even if you don't click it?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing. Or if we finish the sciences early and have 10 min left over are we allowed to run to the bathrooms or is that not a thing..?

So i've heard that between the end of your current section and the next section during the DAT, there is some sort of confirmation box which requires you to click "okay" or "yes" or something of that sort. I was just wondering is that if you delay clicking the confirmation box can you delay the time to start the next section? Or will the next section start automatically even if you don't click it?

I believe the timer started once the popup appeared.

Also, you may find you'll be cutting it tight with going to the bathroom with 10 minutes remaining. You need to check out w/ finger print, signature, check in with security, finger print, signature. All of this could take time.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly from my test in May.

You CAN leave to the bathroom if you have extra time before a section. But BEWARE you have to finger print scan and have a metal detector scan when you enter and leave plus there may be other people checking in so that could be risky.

Secondly, I remember the second time ran out of the second I hit finish the next timer started. No delay.

If I remember correctly from my test in May.

Secondly, I remember the second time ran out of the second I hit finish the next timer started. No delay.

Can you elaborate on this further please? Are you saying you had to hit finish even after time expired before the next section started?

Can you elaborate on this further please? Are you saying you had to hit finish even after time expired before the next section started?

Sorry iPhone auto correct.

I was saying that either when time runs out, or when you hit finish the next timer immediately starts with no delay in between.

Reactions: 1 user
For my DAT, taken 2 days ago, the timer was counting down already with the "OK" button displayed. The only exception was that for my 15 minute scheduled break, I probably didn't get into the room until ~17 minutes, and the screen said "did you remove all your belongings, etc, etc, blah" and the timer hadn't started until I clicked yes and continued on. :)

had my exam today and i can also confirm that the exam will NOT start until you click okay. I also talked to the proctor and he said that you technically can stay out for longer than 15 minutes but it will say you're late. He mentioned that if you are late there will be no penalty at all. It goes without saying that this is not recommended.