Cliffnotes Practice tests??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ji the Captain

The Unbreakable
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys I've been working the practice exams on the "cliffnotes 5 practice tests" book and the chemistry sections have been woopin my ass. They are sooo much harder than the problems oon my kaplan book (which i understand is a total waste of money):(

Is anyone else using this cliffnotes book to build test stamina and actually getting more than half of the chemistry sections correct??
Also ive been finishing each cliffnotes math section in 15 to 20 minutes, so im suspecting that the actual math section on the PCAT is gonna be tough as gunz (considering I am an asian who is BAD at math)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys I've been working the practice exams on the "cliffnotes 5 practice tests" book and the chemistry sections have been woopin my ass. They are sooo much harder than the problems oon my kaplan book (which i understand is a total waste of money):(

Is anyone else using this cliffnotes book to build test stamina and actually getting more than half of the chemistry sections correct??
Also ive been finishing each cliffnotes math section in 15 to 20 minutes, so im suspecting that the actual math section on the PCAT is gonna be tough as gunz (considering I am an asian who is BAD at math)

Thanks

Hi, I have Cliff Notes as well, but I find that the chemistry section is pretty easy and slightly different from Dr. Collins. I am confuse about the major difference between Kaplan's, Dr. Collins, and Cliff's test pertaining to math. However, I think Dr. Collins pretty much covers each subject, but not so much on reading.

Hi, I have Cliff Notes as well, but I find that the chemistry section is pretty easy and slightly different from Dr. Collins. I am confuse about the major difference between Kaplan's, Dr. Collins, and Cliff's test pertaining to math. However, I think Dr. Collins pretty much covers each subject, but not so much on reading.

crap dude im a 3rd year chem major and I got molested by cliff notes chemistry. anyways, if they dont give us a periodic table on the exam, how are we suppose to solved problems like this one:

If Po undergoes Beta decay, which element will be formed?

are we gonna have to know the As and Zs of each element??:scared::scared::scared:

crap dude im a 3rd year chem major and I got molested by cliff notes chemistry. anyways, if they dont give us a periodic table on the exam, how are we suppose to solved problems like this one:

If Po undergoes Beta decay, which element will be formed?

are we gonna have to know the As and Zs of each element??:scared::scared::scared:

I took the june pcat, and i assure you they don't give questions where you need a periodic table...but there are sum obvious elements that you should know (by obvious..i mean basic elements)

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmJunkie,
I'm also using Kaplan and Dr collins. I'm trying to decide i I should buy Cliffnotes. Do you think it would be useful or is Kaplan and Dr colllins already enough? My weakness is in Reading and verbal. Would Cliffnotes help in those areas? Please give me some feedback and advice on whether you think I should buy cliffnotes. thanks!

PharmJunkie,
I'm also using Kaplan and Dr collins. I'm trying to decide i I should buy Cliffnotes. Do you think it would be useful or is Kaplan and Dr colllins already enough? My weakness is in Reading and verbal. Would Cliffnotes help in those areas? Please give me some feedback and advice on whether you think I should buy cliffnotes. thanks!
You could by Cliff's notes to help you with more practice tests such as verbal and reading. I believe that the verbal section is not as intense on the PCAT as it is on Cliff Notes. Pearson practice test's is the way to go, so I will definitely continue to use Collin's and Kaplan's study packet.