Cliffs AP Bio 3rd vs 5th Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donny.you

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I should the 3rd or 5th edition? It seems like everyone used the 3rd edition, but it worries me that the 3rd edition was published in 2007 and could be outdated. I know there is a PDF for the 3rd edition but I like to have a physical copy.
Also, how do I best utilize this resource? Read, highlight, take notes, and make Anki Decks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

TBH reading cliff's was a waste of time, imo. You're better off reading Feralis' bio notes and looking up info you don't understand (if you haven't taken biology in a while)

I used the 3rd edition as it was more in line with what the DAT tests on. I do not agree that it was a waste of time as it was a great way to refresh your understanding of biology as it was a lot easier to digest than the Feralis notes were. I would however highly recommend reading the Feralis notes after you read Cliff notes because it includes a lot of information that the Feralis notes does not. I only read and highlighted the notes and used Anki to memorize terms that I did not understand. Also, make sure to make your own Anki deck as it will be more tailored to you and will help you memorize information that you struggle with.

Reactions: 1 user