cliffs AP bio or Kaplan BB bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalchick2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so is cliffs ap bio better than KBB bio?

Members don't see this ad.

so is cliffs ap bio better than KBB bio?

Cliffs is better, BUT Kaplan has certain things that Cliffs doesn't cover. For example, the brain, the eye, the ear, and the skeleton system are covered in Kaplan but are not covered in Cliffs. Both together make the best combo in my opinion, but use Cliffs more religiously and read Kaplan to make up for the missing stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have KBB, Cliffs & Barrons.

KBB is very general. I would definitely supplement it with another material.

I read Cliffs and Barrons together. They both have their strengths/weaknesses. Some stuff I understand better the way Barrons explains it, and some stuff is better explained in Cliffs. I also think the pictures and stuff in Barrons is a little easier to understand than what's in Cliffs.

I know a lot of people just buy Cliffs + Destroyer, but with how "random" people say the Biology section is, I want to go through as much bio material as possible. I also bought Campbells textbook and I plan on reading chapters 19-21..

If you have the money and the time I would get Cliffs, KBB, Schaum's, and Campbell's. It's good to get a variety of sources.

Last edited: