Cliff's Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does Cliff's DAT biology practice test sections compare to the real DAT? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

People generally say Cliffs is a little less detailed than what you need to know.

I don't think that is true. I think Cliff's is just right. The only thing it lacks are random lab techniques that you should probably know from undergrad.

yea I just went to barnes and nobles and sat there and took the 2 biology practice tests in the back, the first i got a 20 (6 wrong) the second a 21 (5 wrong) this is according to Kaplan's grading in their book...On both sections they had a lot of weird questions that i have been hearing that the real DAT has and some of their questions were easy but not all....thats why im wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you referring to Cliffs DAT biology or cliffs AP bio? I think people are assuming you are talking about the AP one

Are you referring to Cliffs DAT biology or cliffs AP bio? I think people are assuming you are talking about the AP one

I was referring to Cliffs DAT biology, but prob people are reffering to something else...do you think cliff's DAT biology the tests in the back compare to the real thing for sciences?? thanks

Yes, I'm talking Cliffs AP Bio. I read a few posts saying it was MORE detailed than the actual DAT. Thoughts? What about the practice tests in the AP bio book? Sorry for the confusion.

Never used it but maybe this will help. I heard the PAT section is not bad but the sciences have many mistakes. I guess it doesn't hurt to have more practice questions especially if you didn't pay for it!
http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...ts=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

the cliffs ap bio should be enough, but I wouldnt use it alone, keep a textbook handy to clarify any additional question you have. If you know cliffs ap cover to cover, im sure youll do quite well!

the cliffs ap bio should be enough, but I wouldnt use it alone, keep a textbook handy to clarify any additional question you have. If you know cliffs ap cover to cover, im sure youll do quite well!
Isnt shaum's better? cliffs doesnt seem to go in detail about human systems? its like they have 2 pages on respiratory, 2 pages on digestive...etc