Cliff's Practice PCATs

Started by olddude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

olddude

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cliff's publishes a book that contains five practice PCATs. Can anyone familiar with the book comment on how closely it simulates the actual PCAT and whether it was helpful for them? Thanks!
 
I've never taken the Pcat and I've just bought the Cliff's practice test. For those of you who have taken the PCAT, is there really that much organic chem on the test. Cliff notes had problems on diels alder, hemiacetal rxns and even NMR related questions as well.

Another thing that I noticed about cliff's verbal section was that the analogies were super duper hard and the sentence completions were extremely easy. Mind you, the verbal section is my weakness but i did notice the huge inconsistency in the difficulty level.
 
I agree with mustangrolla that chemistry on cliff tests seem to be very difficult. I do not think that we need to know NMRs and so on. Moreover, some of the questions on cliffs assumes that you know the whole periodic table. For example, they would ask you to calculate mass percentage of some element in the molecule without giving any atomic masses. I think actual PCAT always gives you atomic masses in such type of questions. Biology contains a lot of microbiology... I was wondering how much does actual PCAT cover of microbio? I have not taken microbio yet so I am getting kind of worried after looking at Cliff's tests...
 
Yes i am very intrested in how useful this book is, i seem to be ok with all the sections upset with the chem. I'm hoping this book is like the barron one, because barron made me overconfident and it hurt me when i took the real thing