Cliffs Testprep DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonely Sol

cowgoesmoo fan!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally got this book after ordering about a month ago! Anyways, is the book any good. I know some books like Barrons are usefull for PAT, what is this book most usefull for!
Also, what section best corresponds to the DAT (strengthwise)!

Also had a bio question, It might be a stupid one but its good to know:

Where are achetocholine produced?
--I know acetochoilinasterase are produced in the liver, and i know vagus nerve produces some by the right atria to slow down the heart rate, but is there any other place where they are produced?

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
I went the other day to barnes & nobles and took a look at that book. PAT seems be very helpful (maybe better than barron's pat) I might maybe buy it to have more practice. Have you tried out the CD? How is it ???

hey,
I went the other day to barnes & nobles and took a look at that book. PAT seems be very helpful (maybe better than barron's pat) I might maybe buy it to have more practice. Have you tried out the CD? How is it ???

I just got it, I havent even looked at it yet.. But will let you know how it is when I look at the CD!

Finally got this book after ordering about a month ago! Anyways, is the book any good. I know some books like Barrons are usefull for PAT, what is this book most usefull for!
Also, what section best corresponds to the DAT (strengthwise)!

Also had a bio question, It might be a stupid one but its good to know:

Where are achetocholine produced?
--I know acetochoilinasterase are produced in the liver, and i know vagus nerve produces some by the right atria to slow down the heart rate, but is there any other place where they are produced?

Those are the two places Ive read about as well. Liver and vagus nerve. Also acetycholine is an important neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic system which serves to decrease heart rate and to increase gut motility.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are the two places Ive read about as well. Liver and vagus nerve. Also acetycholine is an important neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic system which serves to decrease heart rate and to increase gut motility.

Yea, thats what I thought too just didnt know if it was produced anywhere else or not. Also, did you get this book? If so, did you think it was a good book or not

Yea, thats what I thought too just didnt know if it was produced anywhere else or not. Also, did you get this book? If so, did you think it was a good book or not

No. I was actually looking at it this morning and browsed through the table of contents but It didnt seem that impressive to me. Some other reviews I read from people on here said that they think all the book is good for is the PAT.
I dont think I would purchase it unless I needed more practice exam questions or something.

No. I was actually looking at it this morning and browsed through the table of contents but It didnt seem that impressive to me. Some other reviews I read from people on here said that they think all the book is good for is the PAT.
I dont think I would purchase it unless I needed more practice exam questions or something.

Yea, that was the main reason I bought it, to do the practice test! Hopefully the practice tests are hard!

Just took a practice and and offcourse like all of the tests, there are many mistakes in this too. For example, one will have a correct answer B, but in the back, they will say its D, but their explanation will show that B is indeed correct.

Anyways, Pat is good practice, I hardly miss any top-front-end but in this test, I missed like 3.

Just took a practice and and offcourse like all of the tests, there are many mistakes in this too. For example, one will have a correct answer B, but in the back, they will say its D, but their explanation will show that B is indeed correct.

Anyways, Pat is good practice, I hardly miss any top-front-end but in this test, I missed like 3.

Hey,
lonely sol is it me ? There are I think couple of mistakes n the Aperture passing section ? I think that section is definetly hard.

Hey,
lonely sol is it me ? There are I think couple of mistakes n the Aperture passing section ? I think that section is definetly hard.

yea math is a joke in it though and some bio questions require a little thinking and are tricky. Top/front/end and keyholes are the best practice. So finally, 20 bucks for 2 subsections = worth it i guess!:D

does this book have only questions?
i wanna solve many questions?
you guys think bio and pat are good,
how about RC part???

does this book have only questions?
i wanna solve many questions?
you guys think bio and pat are good,
how about RC part???

RC part is stupid, but bio and pat are pretty good! And yea there is no lectre notes, all are problems with explanation underneath each problem. But like all the other tests, there are many error, just to warn you!

I purchased this book about a week ago. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in it. Not only does the book only consist of questions, but the questions themselves are not particularly challenging. I was hoping Cliffs would be the one to finally publish the quintessential DAT study guide. In my opinion, this is not it. On a positive note it is practice, however, and the more of that the merrier. Just one man's opinion. Hope this helps.

REH.

i basically went through the entire cliffs book. its style is the same as the dat destroyer in that it consists of questions and answers.
personally i was very very disappointed in the book. i found at least 15 errors if not more whuch is ridiculous in it of itself. also, i found the test questions not to be challenging at all. pat was fine, though bassically the same as barrons which i think is good for pat.
all in all - it is a waste of money. stick to dat destroyer and topscore if your looking for good practice questions.