clinic resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txmedstudent87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear what everyone is using for clinic resources/decision support tools. NCCN guidelines +uptodate + clinical trials. gov?

Can anyone comment on Flatiron assist or clear value plus?

Members don't see this ad.

My current, and former, job use Elsevier Clinical Pathways (previously Via Pathways). I have been involved in the local development, rollout and updating of it in the past and I think it's a pretty good product. The fact that it integrates into Epic/Beacon and includes locally available clinical trials in it is a bonus for me as well.

But yes, otherwise I use NCCN and UTD. CT.gov is a rare one for me these days, but that's primarily because I'm in a rural setting and most of my patients barely have the resources to get to my clinic, let alone fly to Houston or Palo Alto for a trial. And the ones who do have the resources bring me 30 pages of CT.gov printouts and ask me to choose a study for them to go on.

Reactions: 1 user
I use NCCN and UTD almost exclusively. As a new practicing physician I have these tabs up every day on my computer. I also bought a book called “Hematology Oncology Therapy” which is a stupid and hilarious name, but is essentially a compendium of every chemo regimen, missing a few of the newer ones like Keynote 522. It gives info on the study that got each regimen approved, dose mods for toxicity, side effect tables, etc. It’s huge, but being new, it’s a helpful resource for some objective information on how to handle certain and specific toxicities on regimens I never came across in fellowship.

Reactions: 1 user
I use NCCN and UTD almost exclusively. As a new practicing physician I have these tabs up every day on my computer. I also bought a book called “Hematology Oncology Therapy” which is a stupid and hilarious name, but is essentially a compendium of every chemo regimen, missing a few of the newer ones like Keynote 522. It gives info on the study that got each regimen approved, dose mods for toxicity, side effect tables, etc. It’s huge, but being new, it’s a helpful resource for some objective information on how to handle certain and specific toxicities on regimens I never came across in fellowship.
I used to use chemotherapyadvisor.com but that's become far too ad bloated. That was also before we used Beacon and had chemo plan dosing immediately at hand. I only really used it for chemo dosing questions anyway.