Clinical Informatics Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

analytic'05

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with information about application process and the general experience of clinical informatics fellowship? How competitive is it, what’s the training experience like etc. I haven’t been able to find much information outside of AMIA and the official website of each program. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Never even heard of this until now but sounds interesting!

Anyone with information about application process and the general experience of clinical informatics fellowship? How competitive is it, what’s the training experience like etc. I haven’t been able to find much information outside of AMIA and the official website of each program. Thanks!

Interested in this too...would love some information regarding this as well!

I was offered a spot in an informatics fellowship while I was doing consulting work for an EMR company a couple years ago. (One of the high up guys in the EMR was the program director) I went so far as to figure out if it was real (it is), but didn't go much further simply because I couldn't justify it. It delays me finishing residency which is already long (7 years) and if I really wanted to do something informatics oriented, my own self study/experience is going to outweigh any "fellowship" out there.

I am currently in the application process to start in July 2019, would be interested to hear how many of us are even applying. Given that the 'match' is actually a 'scramble' would be nice to have a little community so we can at least figure out where people are most interested in come December.

I am currently in the application process to start in July 2019, would be interested to hear how many of us are even applying. Given that the 'match' is actually a 'scramble' would be nice to have a little community so we can at least figure out where people are most interested in come December.

Hi Ziff700,

I'm applying this cycle as well. I'd be happy to join a community. It would also be great to help plan for interviews. Maybe we could start something a little more private?

Also, found the EMRA Fellowship Guide, 2nd Edition when looking for more information. You might try google searching for it, as I can't currently post a link.

but what job are you going to do afterwards? and how much will the salary be?