Clinical Pharmacy Directors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dannyboy009100

Reaction score
Do some schools have better connections with Clinical Pharmacy Directors than others for a job after graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

do pharmacy schools even really care about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do some schools have better connections with Clinical Pharmacy Directors than others for a job after graduation?
Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s “every man for himself” mentality when it comes to jobs. Do ALL schools have better connections with their local hospitals by virtue of geography/sending APPE students to rotate there? Yes. But when there are no jobs there are no jobs.

The best advice I can give you is that the reputation of the pharmacy school you attend doesn’t matter at all. This is because while patients will pay top dollar for a good lawyer or a good doctor, no patient cares (or even knows) who their pharmacist is. So no matter if you went to UNC or Chapman for pharmacy school, at the end of the day you’re just another warm body. So for the UNC grad trying to move to Southern California, tough luck bud cuz the Chapman grad has the local connections and you don’t.

In conclusion, I would avoid pharmacy school altogether and study computer science or engineering instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s “every man for himself” mentality when it comes to jobs. Do ALL schools have better connections with their local hospitals by virtue of geography/sending APPE students to rotate there? Yes. But when there are no jobs there are no jobs.

The best advice I can give you is that the reputation of the pharmacy school you attend doesn’t matter at all. This is because while patients will pay top dollar for a good lawyer or a good doctor, no patient cares (or even knows) who their pharmacist is. So no matter if you went to UNC or Chapman for pharmacy school, at the end of the day you’re just another warm body. So for the UNC grad trying to move to Southern California, tough luck bud cuz the Chapman grad has the local connections and you don’t.

In conclusion, I would avoid pharmacy school altogether and study computer science or engineering instead.
and if you truly want Health care, do Medicine. the only safe Health care field in the future. and beyond.