clinical question on the interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flampard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone was asked a clinical based question on their interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Not for me. If at all, it would be a clinical but moral question. They can't expect you to know much, if anything at all clinically.

Maybe if you said your mom/dad was a dentist, and you were a RDA for 5 years they might ask you something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess to see if I really have as much dental experience as I claim, at Stony Brook I was asked what the general procedure is for an RCT. I don't think they'd go asking a question like that to somebody who has only shadowed, though.

at howard, they asked me what clinical procedure I saw that really interested me. I only shadowed for about 100 hours and they asked me that! I think i didn't get in just because of that question. I just told them i only saw regular procedures.

at howard, they asked me what clinical procedure I saw that really interested me. I only shadowed for about 100 hours and they asked me that! I think i didn't get in just because of that question. I just told them i only saw regular procedures.

Ouch. You couldn't have talked about crowns, or bridges, or braces? dentures? implants? root canals? calculus removal? anything? Did you only see fillings and cleanings in 100 hours?

and what are 'regular' procedures? :confused:

:eek: Dental implants, hands down

Veners, too!

I have worked for an oral surgeon for 2 years and an interviewer from UNC asked me what teeth a 151 could remove. I think if you make the claim in your application then you should be able to answer obvious questions. Not to sound critical but I probably would not have gone with "regular procedures."

I got asked about many dental procedures, then again I have had 4000+ hours of experience. I agree with the others, the schools will only ask to see if you really do have that much experience. I thought all the questions I got relating to dental procedures were easy to answer.