flampard

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone was asked a clinical based question on their interview?

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
LSU, New Orleans
www.predents.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Not for me. If at all, it would be a clinical but moral question. They can't expect you to know much, if anything at all clinically.

Maybe if you said your mom/dad was a dentist, and you were a RDA for 5 years they might ask you something.

About the Ads

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
Dentist
I guess to see if I really have as much dental experience as I claim, at Stony Brook I was asked what the general procedure is for an RCT. I don't think they'd go asking a question like that to somebody who has only shadowed, though.

mmguirguis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
at howard, they asked me what clinical procedure I saw that really interested me. I only shadowed for about 100 hours and they asked me that! I think i didn't get in just because of that question. I just told them i only saw regular procedures.

somethinpositiv

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
at howard, they asked me what clinical procedure I saw that really interested me. I only shadowed for about 100 hours and they asked me that! I think i didn't get in just because of that question. I just told them i only saw regular procedures.
Ouch. You couldn't have talked about crowns, or bridges, or braces? dentures? implants? root canals? calculus removal? anything? Did you only see fillings and cleanings in 100 hours?

and what are 'regular' procedures? :confused:

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
:eek: Dental implants, hands down

Veners, too!

Jim Halpert

10+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Southern California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I have worked for an oral surgeon for 2 years and an interviewer from UNC asked me what teeth a 151 could remove. I think if you make the claim in your application then you should be able to answer obvious questions. Not to sound critical but I probably would not have gone with "regular procedures."

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I got asked about many dental procedures, then again I have had 4000+ hours of experience. I agree with the others, the schools will only ask to see if you really do have that much experience. I thought all the questions I got relating to dental procedures were easy to answer.

About the Ads