clinical rotation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vitalityforlife

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be starting PT school at Tennessee State University this summer and this program has five total clinical rotations. I am originally from Ohio but have lived in Dallas for the last year...my partner will be doing her residency at Baylor Dallas in PM&R and I'm hoping to do some rotations in Dallas. I know there are certain criteria that have to be met (rural site, outpatient, inpatient/hospital and home health settings) but is it feasible to do all rotations out of state? Does anyone have any tips or advice? Should I begin contacting program coordinators in the Dallas area (TSU currently does not have any contracts set up with Texas facilities) and letting them know my situation and that I'm hoping to do rotations here/potentially at their facility?

Thanks!